• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anybody Going to Wonder Con ?

3 posts in this topic

Well, I guess the convention season is gearing up as the first of the major cons in California is starting in about a week. Anybody going? I love Wonder Con. It has not gone Hollywood like SDCC, and I see pretty much the same people (both friends and dealers) without the shoulder to shoulder crowds. Personally, I'm looking forward to seeing Joe Kubert and Murphy Anderson again. Murphy was on a great golden age panel last year at SDCC, but I haven't seen Joe Kubert in quite a while and have since picked up a nice page for him to sign.

I also would like to see Stan Freberg and Holly Hunter again. These are two very funny people, and I have been an admirer of Stan's work since the 1950s. The time alloted in San Diego last summer was far too short a time to listen to Stan and Holly, and it looks like they're only going to give them an hour at Wondercon on Friday afternoon so get there early if you want to see them as the room was packed in San Diego. That is too short a time to listen to the history behind these two very talented people. They will also be in artist alley in case you miss them.

I'm questing for another Vess page and perhaps another Finlay. Hopefully, the art dealers are bringing great selections for us original art collectors to peruse. The weather was absolutely fantastic this week, and here's hoping we see another great week up in the bay area.