• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does anybody ever go back???

54 posts in this topic

funny, when I converted from SA to GA in the early 1990's, I had completed the DC and Marvel Silver age through 1967 (or maybe it 69).... however, I had no problem selling them, and selling them fast to fund GA purchases...

while SA will always hold a special place in my heart, the ease of replacing versus limited opps to pick up certain GA books, made it a no brain for me..

naturally, if I had parkers' ability to keep everything I collect, maybe I would view differently, but I have to recycle :cry:

we know, and are all very sad about it. we do love you, tho'.

funny, when I converted from SA to GA in the early 1990's, I had completed the DC and Marvel Silver age through 1967 (or maybe it 69).... however, I had no problem selling them, and selling them fast to fund GA purchases...

while SA will always hold a special place in my heart, the ease of replacing versus limited opps to pick up certain GA books, made it a no brain for me..

naturally, if I had parkers' ability to keep everything I collect, maybe I would view differently, but I have to recycle :cry:

we know, and are all very sad about it. we do love you, tho'.

:tonofbricks:

I was introduced to GA about 10 years ago, and at first, wasn't that into it, I had never seen any before...but I got hooked fast. For the past 3-4 years, I've been saying I would sell my SA/BA collection, just too many books taking up too much space. I've been going through it slowly, rebagging and boarding, with the idea of putting most of them on Ebay.

I did sell some Tales of the Unexpected, and some Strange Adventures, but other that that, I'm still stuck on "A"...I'm too attached to them, so I'm slow.

Goldenage books have a certain feel to them, they are special, but SA/Bronze, hold different memories, they are like old friends.

I may get up to "B" by the summer;)

while SA will always hold a special place in my heart, the ease of replacing versus limited opps to pick up certain GA books, made it a no brainer for me..

Ain't that the truth!

But, seeing as how he bought the majority of his stuff back in the early 90s, he didn't have to pay today's nosebleed prices for his premium books.

That, and the fact that he is smarter, better looking, and a superior athlete than us makes it even more intolerable

:frustrated:

Thank god he doesn't have a sense of humor or he would really be offputting

while SA will always hold a special place in my heart, the ease of replacing versus limited opps to pick up certain GA books, made it a no brainer for me..

Ain't that the truth!

But, seeing as how he bought the majority of his stuff back in the early 90s, he didn't have to pay today's nosebleed prices for his premium books.

That, and the fact that he is smarter, better looking, and a superior athlete than us makes it even more intolerable

indeed

Ain't that the truth!

Sickening, isn't it? :applause:

Ain't that the truth!

:signfunny:

Ain't that the truth!

Sickening, isn't it? :applause:

now, if i was only smart enuff to figure out how to wheedle a punch out of mike, a science out of yesterday's birthday boy, and to use the capitals key, i'd really be sumpin'!!!!

and i do think farts are funny, so there!

I was wondering was does anyone ever "switch sides" and go back

My ex-roommate Brent dated a guy for a few years during college, but his last two relationships have been with women, so yea, sometimes people do switch sides and go back.

Oh wait, my bad, I think I'm confused...is this thread about farts? :blush:

My ex-roommate Brent dated a guy for a few years during college, but his last two relationships have been with women, so yea, sometimes people do switch sides and go back.

aren't they all?

aren't they all?

If you want to get technical, this thread is currently about farts and about pushing back on them.

:whistle: