• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My collection of comics...on line.

51 posts in this topic

Question Dave,....those large scans are of a consistant, high quality. Are they scans from CGC or are you doing any of them yourself? Also, can anyone recommend a nice scanner that will scan a cgc book in one shot?

Thanks.

You know you're a fanboy when you can look at a scan of a book whose cover you've seen hundreds of times on other copies, and still be enthralled! Every book is different!

DAMN!

confused-smiley-013.gifconfused.gif

I can't have been the first person to notice the best "stars" related avatar (beyond the original "fake stars" version, of course) can I?

Or is it something in your sig line? If it is that would explain my confusion. I've had sig lines turned off for months. People were putting midis and huge distracting animated gifs in them and I wasn't having it anymore...

Thanks Rob, for indirectly drawing my attention to the misquote in my new sig image..... 27_laughing.gif

Funny you didn't even mean to. I have corrected it. I am a stickler for those things.

Anyway, I had three stars when the star making machinery went down, so I figured I'd hold onto them for a little while longer at least.

thumbsup2.gif

Thanks Rob, for indirectly drawing my attention to the misquote in my new sig image..... 27_laughing.gif

Funny you didn't even mean to. I have corrected it. I am a stickler for those things.

So what was the misquote? What was it that I pointed out? I'm so confused...

Question Dave,....those large scans are of a consistant, high quality. Are they scans from CGC or are you doing any of them yourself? Also, can anyone recommend a nice scanner that will scan a cgc book in one shot?

Thanks.

You know you're a fanboy when you can look at a scan of a book whose cover you've seen hundreds of times on other copies, and still be enthralled! Every book is different!

My scanner at home is not enough powerfull to scan CGC books (it's a Canon N656U, i don't remember exactly), so i use the scanner at my job, an Epson GT-10000+.

The pictures on my web site have been heavily reduced (height is 800 pixels). I keep the original 240 dpi pictures on my hard drive, they are too strong.

Hey I was checking out the web site and I took a close look at DD # 57.

His face looked familiar so I snagged the photo. What do you guys think, did we find the real DD?

osborn.jpg

27_laughing.gifthumbsup2.gif

You know, when i was 10 i made my own super hero costume. It was all black and it was similar to the costume of DD in the tv movie "the trial of the incredible hulk". I used to serve justice in my neighborhood, but not after 07:00pm grin.gif