• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gold and Silver Slabs of Comics (the slabs of bacon are sold out)

92 posts in this topic

At the suggestion of Brian (Foolkiller) another thread to stimulate the economy :D

So help my wedding fund, get a discount from Brian, and get more comic books...it's WIN, WIN!!! It will be a mixture of Gold and Silver, with most likely all of the books being slabbed (although I could be convinced to do requests :juggle: ) We will start out with one book, and as time permits throughout the day at work I will try to add to the fun... :ohnoez:

Rules are fairly standard.

:) First :takeit: in either the thread or a PM gets the book (judged by time stamp).

:) :) :takeit: in the thread trumps any ongoing negotiations via PM. However, you can ask me to place the book on hold for a brief period.

:) :) :) I am not set up with a fully functioning paypal account (only linked to my credit card and have not lifted my limits yet). Therefore, payment by US postal money order or check is required. Money order ships immediately, while you must wait for a check to clear (unless we have previously done business before or I know you as a regular presence on the boards). Cash is also accepted, but please track your envelope as you send it at your own risk!

:) :) :) :) Domestic shipping is free. This includes postage, delivery confirmation, and insurance for the sales price.

:) :) :) :) :) I am not familiar with international shipping, but am willing to learn if an overseas buyer is interested. You will receive a $15 credit towards shipping and be responsible for the remaining cost. However, I will require that the shipment be insured and trackable (unless you waive this via PM and accept responsibility if the package is damaged in transit).

:) :) :) :) :) :) Returns are accepted for the price of the comic, with the buyer being responsible for all shipping and insurance costs. All I ask is that you notify me within three days of receiving the item.

:whee: Feel free to make the thread a place of discussion and critique to your heart's content. As you will be able to quickly tell, I am still learning this process. To start the fun here are answers to what are likely the first couple of questions.

1. No I do not have Golden Age Caps :sorry:

2. Yes I have Hawkman...please see the first book :lol:

Thanks for looking!

SE

Thanks! Got a few more pics of other books I emailed to myself to post on the thread at work today. None are Hawkmans though. If you like, I'd be happy to look and see if I have another Hawkman slab hanging around when I get home from work (about 50/50 on whether I have one...if so, likely a Brave and the Bold undercopy)

Any Iron-Man? :insane:

How about some TOS books? :insane:

:lol:

Just getting those inquiries out of the way :foryou:

See you had to go and cause trouble Nelson, but no doubt Lloyd will be grateful. Will check at home, but I think all the tin-man books are of the non-slabbed variety.

Of course what I really see you saying there is, any GGA? Even if it is Pepper Potts in a red dress, in a suit of armor...would I be correct sir? hm

Per request some information on the Superman for folks at work (I am too, so please correct me if my numbers are off)

One GPA sale of this issue in the same condition on 1/7/2010 for $160

I believe OSPG value is in the neighborhood of $150

Hope that helps :)

Any Iron-Man? :insane:

How about some TOS books? :insane:

:lol:

Just getting those inquiries out of the way :foryou:

See you had to go and cause trouble Nelson, but no doubt Lloyd will be grateful. Will check at home, but I think all the tin-man books are of the non-slabbed variety.

Of course what I really see you saying there is, any GGA? Even if it is Pepper Potts in a red dress, in a suit of armor...would I be correct sir? hm

(thumbs u

Nelson has seen this, but he makes a good point in the claim that a sales thread is not REALLY a sales thread until we have good girls (or bad in this case) in red dresses. The pictures are my old camera, and on request I will be happy to put up nicer ones tonight :D Priced aggressively since I am happy to hold onto it for the moment. Feel free to make interesting offers of cash plus trade though...maybe replace it with something else and fund the wedding hm

Lady Luck 90 CGC 8.5 CROW pages (tied for one other copy as highest graded if you are into such things)

(can't quite make out the serial number in my horrible picture)

Asking $550

luck90aa.jpg

luck90bb.jpg