• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

comics in school

8 posts in this topic

Knowing that I read `Funny Books', my nephew told me about his one college course that used graphic novels as a teaching tool. I think i recall a boardie preparing for a comic course a while ago. If you could use a comic book to teach a class, which one would it be and why? :hi:

Watchmen (Vigilantism, Politics & Paranoia) Miracleman (The idea of Human Perfection or idea of the Super Human Deity, Religion,) Swamp Thing (Environment, Inner self)

Judge Dredd (Fascism, The Idea Of Law, the concept of Freedom)

The Crow (Depression, Loss, Love, Vengeance,)

Watchmen (Vigilantism, Politics & Paranoia) Miracleman (The idea of Human Perfection or idea of the Super Human Deity, Religion,) Swamp Thing (Environment, Inner self)

Wolverine (being awesome)

Wolverine (being awesome)

HELL YEAH :headbang:

I'd go with the X-Men. You can't get much better that the X-Men to help teach children about racism, violence, in-difference, and the on-going struggle to promote the idea that "...All Men are Created Equal..."
He said College kids! :makepoint:

I'd go with the X-Men. You can't get much better that the X-Men to help teach children about racism, violence, in-difference, and the on-going struggle to promote the idea that "...All Men are Created Equal..."
He said College kids! :makepoint:

Alot of them need a retro-fit on the `Founding Documents'.

Knowing that I read `Funny Books', my nephew told me about his one college course that used graphic novels as a teaching tool. I think i recall a boardie preparing for a comic course a while ago. If you could use a comic book to teach a class, which one would it be and why? :hi:

Being trained (although not working as) a history teacher, I would choose graphic novels that reflected that focus. Maybe something like Maus if I were doing the holocaust, or Fax From Sarajevo is I were doing more current history.