• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best packing job ever

27 posts in this topic

Since we have a thread about the nastiest shipping method ever, I thought I'd take the time to compliment a seller who has officially sent me the best packing job ever -- Showcase New England. I bought a few runs consisting of 186 issues of Amazing Spider-Man ranging from # 140 to the late 300s in a few ebay auctions that ended a week ago or so. All 186 books (even the cheapies that can be bought in bulk for a nickel apiece) arrived in 4 mil mylars, with several extra inches of stiff cardboard support around the books, and then all of that inside a stiff cardboard box. None of the books suffered the slightest harm on the cross-country journey.

I'll be honest, I was pretty nervous about the shipping on this lot because of the sheer number of books and my knowledge that big boxes of books tend not to ship well. My hat is off to Showcase New England for making sure my books arrived in the same condition they left. thumbsup2.gif Thanks Cindy and everyone else at Showcase New England!

Since we have a thread about the nastiest shipping method ever, I thought I'd take the time to compliment a seller who has officially sent me the best packing job ever -- Showcase New England. I bought a few runs consisting of 186 issues of Amazing Spider-Man ranging from # 140 to the late 300s in a few ebay auctions that ended a week ago or so. All 186 books (even the cheapies that can be bought in bulk for a nickel apiece) arrived in 4 mil mylars, with several extra inches of stiff cardboard support around the books, and then all of that inside a stiff cardboard box. None of the books suffered the slightest harm on the cross-country journey.

I'll be honest, I was pretty nervous about the shipping on this lot because of the sheer number of books and my knowledge that big boxes of books tend not to ship well. My hat is off to Showcase New England for making sure my books arrived in the same condition they left. thumbsup2.gif Thanks Cindy and everyone else at Showcase New England!

I bought a lot of Master of Kung fu advertised 9.0/9.4 issues 15 - 125 the whole set and it arrived in a short box with each of the 10 issues in a bag like you get from Diamond I only paid less than 90 with shipping and realize that putting them all mylar may have been a expense but I just wasnt happy with there grading of the 15 16 17 18 19 less than 8.0 or at or how they shipped them they at least should have bagged and boarded them.Ill never buy a large lot of books without asking first from them! Ive had great luck with smaller lots, but you did real well with a large lot! Good for you! Kudos to Cindy for calling me today about a email not to open and that my books I bought this time around would be there in a couple days they arrived today.Yes this may have been sign-offtopic.gif just wanted everyone to be a little informed!

Davidking623

The best guy I ever bought for a packing job was the guy that sold me the Master of Kung Fu 21 CGC 9.8 white pages, Seller Id Mrodel I couldnt believe it, it was fabulouse and it was my favorite book Im putting it in my will to bury it with me with my arms wraped around it I still cant nelieve that it is that nice.It still puts me on cloud9.gif

Davidking623

Cindy is really cool. Very customer centric, unlike Dan the . I remember buying 5 or 6 cgc books from SNE and 3 were damaged! foreheadslap.gif 2 were very nice books one being a 9.8 and the other a 9.6 both having dark covers from the bronze age frown.gif

Cindy is really cool. Very customer centric, unlike Dan the . I remember buying 5 or 6 cgc books from SNE and 3 were damaged! foreheadslap.gif 2 were very nice books one being a 9.8 and the other a 9.6 both having dark covers from the bronze age frown.gif

WOW! 893whatthe.gif is no longer filtered? confused-smiley-013.gif

I bought 7 CGC master of Kung Fu's CGC graded I was surprised they made it without any being broken but they did lucky for me! I also forgot to mention you Rickdogg for the tremendouse job you did with my Marvel Two in One 1 CGC 9.2 Your second on my list!!

Davidking623

Jason Ewert is an excellent packer. Has some egg crate-type cardboard holds books in place awesome.

Brian

Ditto! He's the best that I've come across.

Luckily, I have yet to run into anyone close to some of the horror stories I've heard form you guys.

Bud Plant consistently packs art & oversized books great. Sturdy box with lots of cardboard protection & heavy duty tape. Most of his parcels to Canada get opened by Customs seeking adult material that may be offensive to timid Canucks. devil.gif

Well my nomination is for Greggy. I have bougt several lots from him to satisfy my BA cravings. They almost all have come through in acid-free/buffered boards and 2Mil Mylites (perfect, imho, for BA) with lots of styrofoam peanuts and extra packing all in a cardboard box. Not one of his shipments have even aprached a dent. Excellent job, Gregstarian!

Well my nomination is for Greggy. I have bougt several lots from him to satisfy my BA cravings. They almost all have come through in acid-free/buffered boards and 2Mil Mylites (perfect, imho, for BA) with lots of styrofoam peanuts and extra packing all in a cardboard box. Not one of his shipments have even aprached a dent. Excellent job, Gregstarian!
Just finished packaging your next shipment! Will it pass the punt test? ooo.gif

Just finished packaging your next shipment! Will it pass the punt test? ooo.gif

I have complete and total confidence. We oten joke around here but I have to say - you are a packing fool! Never a problem and always - and this is especially important - well packed books that are easy to get at! No having to manipulate an exacto blade across needless tape! thumbsup2.gif