• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Superman #1

7 posts in this topic

Thank God for the board police, warmest welcome to newcomers.

Board police? If he's trying to sell a book he'd do a lot better in the marketplace, instead of the lowest traffic forum, right? Or should I just let the guy hang in the breeze?

And he really should offer some sort of reference if he's serious about selling the book, just so people have SOME idea of who they're dealing with.

I have a CGC 1.5 Superman #1, (1939) unrestored, completely split at spine, cover detached, 2" crease to last page, staples rusted and therefore pages are stained, 1 1/2" tear on bottom of 1st page, 1/2" tear through bottom of book, pages cream to off white. Make a reasonable offer.

Welcome to the boards! Quite a book you have there since we dont know you how about a ebay ID and we lll need a scan of the book so we can see it.If you dont have a scanner you might want to go to someplace like Kinko's or maybe a libary or a small time college.Its not that we dont trust you we dont know you! Hay you have to start somewhere though.

Davidking623

Your attachment shows a scan of the back cover -at an angle - that is seemingly in a CGC type holder - since you have the ability to make an attachment I suggest 2 things:

1) provide an attachment showing full details of the cgc cover, an additional scan of the front of the book and an additional scan of the back of the book - all with sufficnet resolution to see detail.

2) also provide the CGC number for that particular book

3) what is page quality?

Do I sound harsh? Hey! For all I know you have the book as described - but you really have to make a proper presentation for a book even in 1.5 of that value. Dagnabit!