• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone have a quantity of ACTION COMICS 812 1st printing??

36 posts in this topic

I am not a Turner fanatic but I find myself looking more and more for his work. Any recommendations as to what would be an example of him at his best? A particular Fathom issue? Something else?

Witchblade 8 cover and art would be what I would call his "trademark" best. fathom 1 also for his graphic interprtation of the water world and how he introduces the female form to it so well!

Also, has anyone else noticed the cover of Action 812 seems to be slightly off? The Superman logo at the top of my copies is a bit chopped at the top. Just curious to see if I was unlucky in my pull or if maybe this happened to other issues in the print run.

all my copies have the "superman" in the logo lopped off the top half

thanks for the quick lead in summary...very helpful and I can jump in as it is an alternate timeline story. I've always read DCs, just not as much as Marvels, preferred them or chose to collect them in high grade confused-smiley-013.gif

I was at my two LCS yesterday (same owner)...

He said he got plenty of re-orders in... no problem getting more of Action 812.

Sure enough, he had two dozen copies on the shelf.

I got the impression that it's not going to be a tough book.

What type of narrative territory are each of the Superman books supposed to cover? Are they even separated like the Batman books?

I'm new to Superman (just started with 200) and have enjoyed both the World Without Superman and Godfall arcs thus far.

Not sure. I also just started with issue 200. I've been wondering myself. I think each title runs independently of the other. Kind of like Batman and Detective. I think the World Without Superman and Godfall arcs are the exception. Doesn't matter really, I'll keep buying them as long as I enjoy them regardless of who the creative team is. Last time I followed a Superman comic was when Byrne did his Man of Steel run.

Interesting. Both the shops along with all three book stores I frequent were sold out. I asked the guy running the shop at the mall if he was getting anymore and he said "not in this lifetime." I did not really care if any of the stores in town had copies. I had pre ordered mine. I was just curious after seeing a few forumites having a bit of difficulty.

For the most part, Witchblade #1-25 is a solid example of Turner at his best(IMO).

Personally, my all-time favorite piece of work that he's ever done is the cover to Witchblade # 6.

What type of narrative territory are each of the Superman books supposed to cover? Are they even separated like the Batman books?

I'm new to Superman (just started with 200) and have enjoyed both the World Without Superman and Godfall arcs thus far.

You are in the dark as much as any current Superman reader. With the new teams coming in, all we really know is the Azz/Lee run may be one year in the future and the others may or may not different time lines as well. I think they are supposed to somehow link together after the year is out.

If anyone has some they want to sell to me, send me an email. Whoever said there were dozens in his LCS and didn't get any, I'll gladly pay you a profit for as many as you can buy me. Well, let's limit it at 10 for now. All gone in the Phoenix metro area. Cheapest on eBay is $10 after shipping. I'm willing to speculate and invest in this one.

If anyone has some they want to sell to me, send me an email. Whoever said there were dozens in his LCS and didn't get any, I'll gladly pay you a profit for as many as you can buy me. Well, let's limit it at 10 for now. All gone in the Phoenix metro area. Cheapest on eBay is $10 after shipping. I'm willing to speculate and invest in this one.

If I run into any more than 6 House has first dibs on ill get back to you!

Davidking623