• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bucky has been cast

22 posts in this topic

Sebastian Stan is Captain America's Bucky! Source: The Hollywood Reporter, Variety April 1, 2010

The Hollywood trades got the scoop that Sebastian Stan, one of many whom originally tested for the lead role in Marvel's The First Avenger: Captain America, has been cast as Bucky Barnes, Cap's sidekick to the previously-announced Chris Evans.

Like other actors, the star of the CW's "Gossip Girl" and before that, NBC's short-lived "Kings," has signed on to do five or six movies, but there's no word whether that might include any movies set in the present day or whether he'll appear in some form in The Avengers.

During World War II, Bucky Barnes was a teenage orphan too young to join the army, instead brought to the battlefield as a mascot. There, he discovered Captain America's true identity and convinced him to be his sidekick. He was subsequently killed while trying to defuse the exploding rocket that presumably also killed Captain America, but instead threw the war hero into the Arctic Circle where he was frozen for decades. Bucky was revived in recent years as The Winter Soldier, having been reprogrammed by the Soviets as an assassin.

With director Joe Johnston at the helm, The First Avenger: Captain America will begin filming in Europe over the summer for a scheduled release of July 22, 2011.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=64744

During World War II, Bucky Barnes was a teenage orphan too young to join the army, instead brought to the battlefield as a mascot.

So army troops are allowed to have children as mascots and bring them to battlefields?

(Though, I read comic books, so why am I worried about suspension of disbelief?)

During World War II, Bucky Barnes was a teenage orphan too young to join the army, instead brought to the battlefield as a mascot.

So army troops are allowed to have children as mascots and bring them to battlefields?

(Though, I read comic books, so why am I worried about suspension of disbelief?)

Golden age and silver age comics Make no sence

glad I don't read them ;)

Th locals set up chairs to watch Civil War battles....

Hey, i know Chris Evans is slated for the part; But was Sam Worthington ever mentioned? (shrug)
Yes,but they wanted an American actor to play Captain America.

Yeah, your right. It's not like Batman and the Joker were played by actors of American descent. (shrug)

Who is this actor? Someone post a pic of dude, please.
page one

Oh, derrrrr.

Yeah, he looks like Bucky. Good enough for me.

Hey, i know Chris Evans is slated for the part; But was Sam Worthington ever mentioned? (shrug)
Yes,but they wanted an American actor to play Captain America.

Translation: Worthington laughed in their faces. lol