• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Neal Adams Talks "Batman: Odyssey"

19 posts in this topic

from the looks of that page and from looking at too many Continuity comics, he is getting heavy on the inks. I like it, but is removed from his early, simple yet bold work on Batman.

As one ages, do they begin to over compensate using.....ink?

from the looks of that page and from looking at too many Continuity comics, he is getting heavy on the inks. I like it, but is removed from his early, simple yet bold work on Batman.

" DC confirmed that the book will run 12 issues and be written and drawn by Adams, who will also ink the first two issues."

Here is hoping that a different inker after # 3 will improver the overall look. :wishluck:

I bet the majority of Neal Adams fans will find this disappointing. It looks good to me but I bet we will hear people say it`s not as good as his 1970`s stuff.

hm

why? because the Batman Adams loved as a kid is nostalgic and can never compete with the new Adams stuff you experience as an adult, that`s why I bet we will hear the complaints.

I bet the majority of Neal Adams fans will find this disappointing. It looks good to me but I bet we will hear people say it`s not as good as his 1970`s stuff.

hm

why? because the Batman Adams loved as a kid is nostalgic and can never compete with the new Adams stuff you experience as an adult, that`s why I bet we will hear the complaints.

That may be so, but you will not hear them from me. I for one am very

glad to see any new work from him, and 12 issues is just :cloud9:

It still looks better than a lot of his pre-1970 DC stuff that only a completist fanboy would collect. :baiting:lol

It is a good thing that he did not show too much ego in the interview, though.

It still looks better than a lot of his pre-1970 DC stuff that only a completist fanboy would collect. :baiting:lol

You can't be talking about his Strange Adventures/Deadman books, they're from 1968 and they are some of his best work ever. :baiting:

Too bad Giordano just died, he knew how to ink Adams.

lol

lol

:foryou: