• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1st app. scarecrow original art!

7 posts in this topic

You know, Jim Shooter was 13 when he started writing for DC. And I have his first story from Adventure 346, a Legion story called "One of Us is a Traitor," and your Scarecrow origin is better than his first story was. I hope you are now editor in chief of Marvel Comics because if not, you've officially missed your calling.

well, kinda......i was cleaning out some boxes & found this, i did this when i was 13

27_laughing.gif

i of course aspired to be a comics artist, but as i got older i started not liking superhero books, so i did some indy stuff (comic journal ripped me apart a while ago) I just couldn't justify the time it took vs. the compensation. Not that i'm mercenary, but it takes a LOOOONG time to write pencil, letter & ink a comic) I do much better selling paintings & sculptures now!

All I can say is that it doesn't matter whether you copied it or not. Read Adventure #346 and you'll see that even rank plagiarism is better than that story.

Which is not to say that I don't have the utmost respect for Jim Shooter, which I do. I think Jim Shooter is among the most talented of professionals and I wish he'd return to the world of comics. I just happen to think that his first effort as a 13 year old was a stinker by today's standards, although for a 13 year old, it's still pretty damned good. confused-smiley-013.gif

well, i did copy the story from batman 189 sorry.gif