• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Bad Sketch Thread.

98 posts in this topic

lol I forgot about that. It is the Danny Trejo Dr. Strange. If a person's head were really that large and his hands that small, it would be more outlandish than those Burger King tiny hands commercials.

This was mine. This is its public unveiling. You can tell me if you agree or disagree.

DarkAvengers1Sketch98.jpg

How is that a bad sketch? (shrug)
Its not great but, by no means is it BAD..

Jim Starlin, Thanos.......

53230085a977a7c21f12f9826642d7c5e17ce9f.jpg

It's either a Starlin hangman stick figure with a Charles Schulz Snoopy-themed airplane over the stick figure or it's a really cool minimalist Thanos profile. Either way I like it.

Who the hell is that supposed to be? :ohnoez:

Just my personal take that it was sloppy and rushed. It was placed in a bag while the white-out was still wet and the white-out was put on the marker while the marker was still wet. The scan is detailed enough that you can expand it and see it. It's old news to me now but thought it fit with the thread topic.

It cost $95. If you like it as much as it sounds, I will sell it to you for the same.

Jim Starlin, Thanos.......

53230085a977a7c21f12f9826642d7c5e17ce9f.jpg

It's either a Starlin hangman stick figure with a Charles Schulz Snoopy-themed airplane over the stick figure or it's a really cool minimalist Thanos profile. Either way I like it.

Who the hell is that supposed to be? :ohnoez:

Thanos

Its amazing what a few extra lines can do for a sketch.....

Before....

53271726312b56b8532b41ec5313f6299c4c81d.jpg

After....

532715625f5b7478e32c75532cd15c0d82dc139.jpg

Still not that great, but at least it looks a little more like a freakin face

This was a freebee sketch, correct?

Just my personal take that it was sloppy and rushed. It was placed in a bag while the white-out was still wet and the white-out was put on the marker while the marker was still wet. The scan is detailed enough that you can expand it and see it. It's old news to me now but thought it fit with the thread topic.

It cost $95. If you like it as much as it sounds, I will sell it to you for the same.

If $30 or so went to grading then that is equivalent to a $60 con sketch. That would not bother me at all as a $60 con sketch.