• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Bad Sketch Thread.

98 posts in this topic

The best part about it is that I was on so much cough medicine with Codeine at the time that I thought I was really doing a good job. I'm going to keep posting it until it gets famous, then put it in one of the charity auctions around here and watch it blow up.

I won't post the commissioned piece I received however I will tell of the experience. One year at the Baltimore Comic Con, I commissioned a sketch, it was $50. Later as I walked past the artist's booth I saw a cool sketch he was working on and I asked to change my request plus paid an additional $25 for the larger sketch. My commission wasn't finished at the show. I waited and waited, 8 months later I finally got the sketch; it wasn't what I asked for. You can't even tell who the character is because it's a huge head shot with no image of the costume.

These days I pay for sketch covers that are completed at the show. If I want a bigger piece I look for OA.

The best part about it is that I was on so much cough medicine with Codeine at the time that I thought I was really doing a good job. I'm going to keep posting it until it gets famous, then put it in one of the charity auctions around here and watch it blow up.

Can we skip the auction and just blow it up now :wishluck:

Hater. You get more like Watson every day.

Hater. You get more like Watson every day.

I don't hate. Hate is a strong word. Lets say I enjoy it a lot less.

I think it's a cool idea for a thread. Nothing against any of the artists or anything but sometimes a sketch just does not come out the way you want and you feel like it was wasted money. I've had 3 (in my opinion) bad ones. All 3 were of the Black Cat. One I felt the face was too masculine, another she was drawn way to muscular ( I had it inked by someone to try and "fix" it), and the last one, the hips and legs were so out of whack I erased it and redrew the bottom half of the sketch :o.