• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Copper & Modern Indy sets/runs/singles

88 posts in this topic

I've seen a lot of these 80's indys, but never saw Critters before. And it made it to 45 issues! That's a damn long run for the indy glut that happened at that time.

Yeah, it was Fantagraphics Furry Animal Anthology which was most famous for the contributors and the early Usagi appearances. At a time when there were some indy companies trying to ride the popularity of TMNT, regardless of how terrible their product was, Fantagraphics always (and still does) put out top notch material.

Yeah, I was a kid growing up in Montana at a time when it was tough getting Marvel and DC comics due to my location let alone 'those crazy black and white comics'. How I ended up with the ones I did is a minor miracle. I drove those women crazy that ran the bookstore that served as the city's only comic source back then. This was likely one title that they figured wouldn't sell. I think they picked what they were going to order by throwing darts at Previews (or whatever they were using at the time). :P

I've seen a lot of these 80's indys, but never saw Critters before. And it made it to 45 issues! That's a damn long run for the indy glut that happened at that time.
Yeah, it was Fantagraphics Furry Animal Anthology which was most famous for the contributors and the early Usagi appearances. At a time when there were some indy companies trying to ride the popularity of TMNT, regardless of how terrible their product was, Fantagraphics always (and still does) put out top notch material.

+ 1

Some of the best material during a large pool of garbage.

Small correction but Critters made it to 50 issues. I've read some issues and its really good especially the early ones. This series has a lot of hidden gems.

+ 1

Some of the best material during a large pool of garbage.

Small correction but Critters made it to 50 issues. I've read some issues and its really good especially the early ones. This series has a lot of hidden gems.

Yeah, I was just going by his listing that went up to 45. I'd never even heard of it, so had no clue how high it went!

Those MIBs look pretty nice. :cry:

I thought the story was underwhelming, Flipper? :baiting:

They would be upgrades for me. There are lots of comics that I don't like the story or art of that I still love for what they are. DHP 10 is a perfect example. Ever try to actually read that Masque story? :sick: But the fact that the character eventually became the Mask is sweet.

Those MIBs look pretty nice. :cry:

I thought the story was underwhelming, Flipper? :baiting:

They would be upgrades for me. There are lots of comics that I don't like the story or art of that I still love for what they are. DHP 10 is a perfect example. Ever try to actually read that Masque story? :sick: But the fact that the character eventually became the Mask is sweet.

Mark Badger is a trip....I just read through an issue of Martian Manhunter that he drew/wrote. Talk about messed up! I can get into all kinds of stylistic art, but his is just way out there. As a young'n I was just: WTF?