• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shipping a Box to Canada?

22 posts in this topic

Hi all:

Before anyone yells, I did a search and did not find the specifics I require. :grin:

I'd like to ship a box of comics to Canada (around 10 -12 pounds). The only options I see on the USPS web site are some form of International Priority Mail... the $25 flat rate box is the least expensive by far.

Is there any sort of plain old parcel mail service to Canada the site is not showing?

Thanks. :hi:

First Class International?

[EDIT] - nevermind. Not available I guess for a package that heavy :(

4 lbs. is the cutoff(or used to be).

It's around 40 comics. Even with the boards removed, I'll never get it below 4 pounds.

:eek:

Surface does not exist anymore and has not for a year or two. There's First Class International and Priority Mail International (and Express), and like was already mentioned, once over 4 lbs. First Class is no longer an option.

I was under the impression that USPS did away with all international surface shipping a few years ago

Sorry, did not realize it.

There's no "surface" anymore. The cheapest for you is most likely the "Medium Flat Rate Box", which is $25.60 if paid on line. That box is 13 5/8" x 11 7/8" x 3 3/8" or 11" x 8 1/2" x 5 1/2". The "Large Flat Rate Box" is $32.25. Note that the "Medium Flat Rate Box" is VERY hard to get at a post office, you can order them from the USPS and deliver it to your house. 20 pounds max for both the "Medium" and the "Large" flat rate boxes.

I tried to figure out the price for UPS, but it made my computer explode. (thumbs u

Surface does not exist anymore and has not for a year or two. There's First Class International and Priority Mail International (and Express), and like was already mentioned, once over 4 lbs. First Class is no longer an option.

Not true - use the "Medium" or "Large" flat rate boxes (20 pounds max).

It's around 40 comics. Even with the boards removed, I'll never get it below 4 pounds.

Try removing covers & ad pages.

Try removing covers & ad pages.

And staples. And trim the borders(but make sure you disclose that).

hm Yeah, but doesn't the P.O. classify those as Priority Mail rather than First Class Mail? Or am I misremembering?

hm Yeah, but doesn't the P.O. classify those as Priority Mail rather than First Class Mail? Or am I misremembering?

Yes - but overseas (which includes Canada) is all Priority Mail now.

If the package is 4lbs or under, you can ship it First Class International, Priority International or Express. I almost never use First Class Int'l and just stick with Priority, but it is available at that weight.

I just double-checked my records; I shipped a slab First Class in December for about half what Priority would have cost.

This is FedexAl. Here's a link that can help you determine the rate of the comics you want to ship to Canada: http://www.fedex.com/ratefinder/home?cc=US&language=en&locId=express, and here's a llink that can help you with any questions that you have about shipping FedEx to Canada: http://www.fedex.com/us/international/irc/profiles/irc_ca_profile.html?gtmcc=us