• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC 9.6 Amazing Spider-Man 100....double cover!

26 posts in this topic

What would be the "market value" for something like this? Is there a standard Silver Age multiplier?

The thing that throws a wrench in the works is the double cover. There is no set multiple for what a double cover book is worth. This isn't a particularly key issue, but it is definitely a high grade early Bronze Age book. A double cover on this book is really nice because of the mostly black background. The front cover protects the second cover from a lot of color fading over the years.

This is definitely a one of a kind book, so setting a definite multiplier would be somewhat arbitrary. The bottom line is...this book is worth what someone will pay for it. confused-smiley-013.gif

I'm a baseball card expert not a comic expert...give me your best estimate. $1000? $1500?

My best estimate? I could see someone shelling out $1000 for this book easily. (Not me) This is just idle speculation on my part.

If I wasn't a half-broke full-time college student with a part-time job and full-time girlfriend, I would pay $1000 for this...I think. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

real easy - no need for specialized guide - just take regular guide price and multiply by number of covers wink.gifinsane.gif

Not multiplication--exponentation! Raise the guide price to the power of the number of covers. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Not a key issue? You don't think Spidey getting an extra 4 arms makes it a key? tongue.gif

Not really.....

Maybe a key 20 years ago but the storyline has become irrelevent over time. If it's still a key then I'd have to say ASM #113, 1st Hammerhead, is key as well. At least that storyline lasted years.....

Jim

Not a key issue? You don't think Spidey getting an extra 4 arms makes it a key? tongue.gif

Not really.....

Maybe a key 20 years ago but the storyline has become irrelevent over time. If it's still a key then I'd have to say ASM #113, 1st Hammerhead, is key as well. At least that storyline lasted years.....

Jim

I don't think it is a key either, but I took Blowout's comment as sarcasm because of the little smiley with the tongue hanging out.

Not really.....

Jim

I don't think it is a key either, but I took Blowout's comment as sarcasm because of the little smiley with the tongue hanging out.

Yeah I kinda figured.....but there are people that will swear up and down the issue is key. Especially "older" collectors..... grin.gif

Jim