• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Just Certified a Second New Mutants 98 in 9.9

452 posts in this topic

I got my 9.9 for about $400 and it's way nicer than that New Mutant book.

:gossip: Seriously, should have been a 10.0 as that book is spotless, gorgeous, and hurts my eyes it glows so bright.

sSa_cry3.gif

But I'm sure he had talked to a few experts before the purchase who reassured him, "You will never see another 9.9 again. Better grab it now!"
twelve20monkeys20pitt.jpg

:roflmao:

:roflmao:

Great movie (thumbs u

I got my 9.9 for about $400 and it's way nicer than that New Mutant book.

Nice book ;)

I heard it came from some hermit that keeps all his book in-between encyclopedias and only takes them out during the night.

:screwy:

I find it ridiculous that a group of people such as yourselves can call a person an insufficiently_thoughtful_person to pay a price for a product you so vigourously support. I can attack this at two levels. You cant tell me that you wouldn't be excited to get a 9.9 on any copy of any comic and make a premium on it. You also can't tell me that you wouldn't be excited to get the top census copy of a comic. Its difficult for me to watch a group of so called professionals mock someone for paying what they considered the going rate for a copy of a comic they wanted and were willing to pay. Lets mock him some more and perhaps those 9.9s you get wont be worth anything. There will always be some people that want the very best and bragging rights. Thats how life works. If another copy comes available then they will buy something else that is the best. If you continue to make fun of them they will move on to another product making yours moot. Laugh it up and make fun of the buyers. If you compare them to being ripped off by Nigerians you will ruin your own markets. Think about it. And yes I have paid more for comic than its worth and I will not sell it.

Come on brother! I understand paying X amount of dollars for the highest graded Golden,Silver,Bronze age book,but on a modern that was bound to have many graded at 9.9? I say a fool and his money (shrug)

I agree that a fool and his money are parted but why would you honestly rub it in his face? Dont you want to make another sale down the line?

I don't sell books,strictly a collector here (thumbs u

I find it ridiculous that a group of people such as yourselves can call a person an insufficiently_thoughtful_person to pay a price for a product you so vigourously support. I can attack this at two levels. You cant tell me that you wouldn't be excited to get a 9.9 on any copy of any comic and make a premium on it. You also can't tell me that you wouldn't be excited to get the top census copy of a comic. Its difficult for me to watch a group of so called professionals mock someone for paying what they considered the going rate for a copy of a comic they wanted and were willing to pay. Lets mock him some more and perhaps those 9.9s you get wont be worth anything. There will always be some people that want the very best and bragging rights. Thats how life works. If another copy comes available then they will buy something else that is the best. If you continue to make fun of them they will move on to another product making yours moot. Laugh it up and make fun of the buyers. If you compare them to being ripped off by Nigerians you will ruin your own markets. Think about it. And yes I have paid more for comic than its worth and I will not sell it.

There's paying top dollar and then there's utter stupidity.

And very few people 'vigourously supported' this purchase, as most of us believe in buying the book, not the label.

This purchase was the absolute apex of 'label chasing' but the stupidity came in with the book that he chose to chase. As was stated by many boarders at the time, the 'single best known copy' would not remain so for long and a touch of intelligent patience would have seen him secure his precious 9.9 without paying the 'first 9.9' premium.

Oh, and any 'market' that supports the purchase of a NM #98 in 9.9 for $12,000 is already ruined. (thumbs u

Come on brother! I understand paying X amount of dollars for the highest graded Golden,Silver,Bronze age book,but on a modern that was bound to have many graded at 9.9? I say a fool and his money (shrug)
I Believe it's a COPPER book, not a modern. :baiting:

I Believe it's a COPPER book, not a modern. :baiting:

That's only because you are young. Don't worry, it will pass. ;)