• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Just Certified a Second New Mutants 98 in 9.9

452 posts in this topic

You wanna see a book that was going for a lot in CGC's 1st year in business....Venom Lethal Protector #1....not any of the rare errors, the regular book.

Is Bosco on leave from the Circus? He seems to think hes got something funny going on.

Don't mind him. (tsk) His posts only work on those with a sense of humor. meh

I paid $75 for a gold Lethal Protector and thought I got a good deal in the day. Nobody made fun of me but I will die with that book because it turned me into a speculator and I dont want to forget that. It took me a few years to get back to my roots and now Im a collector again.

Is Bosco on leave from the Circus? He seems to think hes got something funny going on.

Oh no, you have the lockdown on that dilly-o.

Don't be shy Nick. Didn't you just get back from your troop's reunion tour? You sent me the pic.

132383.jpg

Im not looking for a fight, I just think its unreasonable to mock someone for a purchase. Ive asked the question as many ways as I could and not one person said they would not take an unreasonable amount of money for a comic they were selling. Yet they feel the need to make fun of someone that paid what they feel is an unreasonble sum. Who is to judge what a key comic is? Is this board the judge and jury on collectible comics? You might think you are but the general public makes the decision on the going rate.

if the next 9.9 sells for $3k, is then it fair to call the guy who paid $12k an insufficiently_thoughtful_person?

You have more posts than me so I guess that makes you right.

:rolleyes:

Really hit the nail on the head with this observation. Kudos

dill,may I call you dill? I figured we were on a first name basis.

I understand what your getting at,but my point is that there are going to be alot more graded in 9.9 and possibly 10.0 Imagine all the New Mutant #98s that have yet to be graded.The buyer of the first 9.9 paid and gambled that there were not going to be any more graded 9.9,but thats a mighty BIG gamble since it's a Copper book.Would'nt it be a better gamble to spend that kind of money on a high grade Golden,Silver or Bronze age book.Just sayin' 2c

I totally agree Oakman, all I am saying is it right to make fun of him? Hes a potential buyer obviously with lots of money. Suppose after his purchase he finally decides to check online and finds that his peers are calling him a tool. You have New Mutants 99 in 9.9 and he figures it Im going to buy coins. Next hes off to the coin market and god only knows what they will say.

Something bad happened there and I lost my whole train of thought. Not that there was much there. What I think I was saying is that why would we want to tell anyone they are stupid to invest in this hobby? Some of deal in the 10 to 100 dollar range, others deal in the $1000 to $10,000 range. We buy what we can afford. I have watched graded copies of comics sell for ten time what I have got raw and never laughed at them. I just whined cause Im in Canada and by the time I got it graded I would lose money.

Next hes off to the coin market and god only knows what they will say.

What is the worst thing someone said in this thread that set you off about the buyer of that book?

Was it that they were crazy for spending money like that?