• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Metropolis does it again! Sells cgc 6.0 Detective #27 for 575,000.

42 posts in this topic

thanks I sold them so that I could own this:

Tec274OW.jpg

Just when you think you have a high end collection :shy: It's very humbling to see the collections of the big players in the hobby.I am truly in awe! (worship)

Tec274OW.jpg

Just when you think you have a high end collection :shy: It's very humbling to see the collections of the big players in the hobby.I am truly in awe! (worship)

I think of myself at best as a medium player - some high end books but not many.

There are some considerably better collections (high value and breadth) than mine on the boards JB, Bangzoom, Bedrock, RareHighGrade, Centaurman and even GATor to name just a few

Tec274OW.jpg

I think of myself at best as a medium player - some high end books but not many.

There are some considerably better collections (high value and breadth) than mine on the boards JB, Bangzoom, Bedrock, RareHighGrade, Centaurman and even GATor to name just a few

(worship)

Tec274OW.jpg

(worship) (worship) [font:Arial Black]I'M NOT WORTHY!!!! [/font] (worship) (worship)

Looks like the buyer who snagged the Tec 27 cgc 7.5 slightly restored at Comic Connect 4 months ago is up easily 150-200K + (shrug) .... in just 4-5 months lol

A smart (and liquid) dude ought to have gobbled it up in a NY. minute ... in stead of letting it just sit there ... :fear:

cover cleaned.

Will always be a SP.

Used to mine

True.

Though I doubt that "SP" will always create the same reaction across the board as it does now.

But it will always be the first appearance of Batman.

Long after many more people have realized that a 9.9 blue label New Mutants 98 is like a plastic case filled with pristine mint condition structurally perfect, scented bathroom tissue.

:signfunny:

I agree - I have owned 2 restored Tec #27s.

Used to have this 7.5 raw and read it on many occasions.

forgot to mention that it is signed by Bob Kane on the inside cover.

Signed = Colour Touch ? lol

When I said when Action #1 hit the magical million mark that there would be at least 10 different million dollar sales for comics in this decade I got a lot of flack for it. Now just a couple of months later, and 4 comics have sold for over 1 million dollars. The Action 8.0, The Action 8.5 twice, and the Detective 8.0 once. And now this comic gets $575,000. Looks like I might be right after all.

Looks like the buyer who snagged the Tec 27 cgc 7.5 slightly restored at Comic Connect 4 months ago is up easily 150-200K + (shrug) .... in just 4-5 months lol

A smart (and liquid) dude ought to have gobbled it up in a NY. minute ... in stead of letting it just sit there ... :fear:

cover cleaned.

Will always be a SP.

Used to mine

Touché ... didnt know.

I think nobody could have predicted this sudden, massive price run-up on the two GA big ones. Its fair to say that these two books are now well out of almost every collectors range now?

Whats the new entry level for an Action1 on the cheapest seats? Say a .5 book restored to 4.0 could be what? 100K or more? (shrug)

Its not a fair world we live in huh? An honest collector with a heart of gold should be able to put one in his collection ... without taking out a second mortgadeg in the house :preach:

cover cleaned.

Will always be a SP.

Used to mine

Touché ... didnt know.

I think nobody could have predicted this sudden, massive price run-up on the two GA big ones. Its fair to say that these two books are now well out of almost every collectors range now?

Whats the new entry level for an Action1 on the cheapest seats? Say a .5 book restored to 4.0 could be what? 100K or more? (shrug)

Its not a fair world we live in huh? An honest collector with a heart of gold should be able to put one in his collection ... without taking out a second mortgadeg in the house :preach:

Problem is there aren't as many copies of those books as the number of collectors with hearts of gold. So they may have to fight to the death over each copy until one rips the other's golden heart out.

Wow a 3.0 Action 1 can outsell a 9.4 A.F 15 in price.

even with Spiderman being more popular.

The best way to describe the relationship between SA and GA prices is an accordion. Sometimes they get squeezed together, but then they inevitably separate from each other again.

When SA prices started bumping up against GA prices, as they had done over the past couple of years, it was inevitable that a gap would open up again. The only question was whether that gap would open because GA prices moved up or because SA prices imploded. For the time being, it looks like it`s because GA prices have moved up.