• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Metropolis does it again! Sells cgc 6.0 Detective #27 for 575,000.

42 posts in this topic

Looks like the buyer who snagged the Tec 27 cgc 7.5 slightly restored at Comic Connect 4 months ago is up easily 150-200K + (shrug) .... in just 4-5 months lol

A smart (and liquid) dude ought to have gobbled it up in a NY. minute ... in stead of letting it just sit there ... :fear:

cover cleaned.

Will always be a SP.

Used to mine

Touché ... didnt know.

I think nobody could have predicted this sudden, massive price run-up on the two GA big ones. Its fair to say that these two books are now well out of almost every collectors range now?

Whats the new entry level for an Action1 on the cheapest seats? Say a .5 book restored to 4.0 could be what? 100K or more? (shrug)

Its not a fair world we live in huh? An honest collector with a heart of gold should be able to put one in his collection ... without taking out a second mortgadeg in the house :preach:

And, with the housing market, you'd be hard pressed to get a second mortgage from a bank these days. Even if you explained you were using the funds to buy a comic.

Looks like the buyer who snagged the Tec 27 cgc 7.5 slightly restored at Comic Connect 4 months ago is up easily 150-200K + (shrug) .... in just 4-5 months lol

A smart (and liquid) dude ought to have gobbled it up in a NY. minute ... in stead of letting it just sit there ... :fear:

cover cleaned.

Will always be a SP.

Used to mine

Touché ... didnt know.

I think nobody could have predicted this sudden, massive price run-up on the two GA big ones. Its fair to say that these two books are now well out of almost every collectors range now?

Whats the new entry level for an Action1 on the cheapest seats? Say a .5 book restored to 4.0 could be what? 100K or more? (shrug)

Its not a fair world we live in huh? An honest collector with a heart of gold should be able to put one in his collection ... without taking out a second mortgadeg in the house :preach:

Problem is there aren't as many copies of those books as the number of collectors with hearts of gold. So they may have to fight to the death over each copy until one rips the other's golden heart out.

Above is a wonderfull example why I enjoy reading bluechips posts (thumbs u

Funny as a *spoon*

I Hate to admit it - but you a probably right. The sheer weight of the world hits us all in the face ... :slapfight: