• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Good comic shops in Washington DC

9 posts in this topic

I am heading to Washington DC in a few weeks for a conference and I was wondering if there are any notable LCS's in the area? I will have limited transportation and I am staying right down-town.

Thanks.

For back issues, no. For trades and new issues, umm...maybe.

There's a kiosk-style store for new issues and trades in Union Station (Red Line) called Fantom Comics; a decent (but for back issues) store called Big Planet in Georgetown, and another Big Planet Store two blocks from the Bethesda metro (also on the Red Line). If you go to the Bethesda store, the owner Joel is awesome. He's also been there for 20 years+ so he knows his stuff.

Might have better luck trying to meet up with boardies to chat, trade books, etc.

This area is a wasteland for back issues. Try Victory Comics (new store) in Falls Church, which is sort of (10 minute walk) Metro accessible. There's NOTHING downtown.

I am heading to Washington DC in a few weeks for a conference and I was wondering if there are any notable LCS's in the area? I will have limited transportation and I am staying right down-town.

Thanks.

Actually, what day? The DC Comic-Con, which should be HUGE, is May 2.

For back issues, no. For trades and new issues, umm...maybe.

There's a kiosk-style store for new issues and trades in Union Station (Red Line) called Fantom Comics; a decent (but for back issues) store called Big Planet in Georgetown, and another Big Planet Store two blocks from the Bethesda metro (also on the Red Line). If you go to the Bethesda store, the owner Joel is awesome. He's also been there for 20 years+ so he knows his stuff.

Might have better luck trying to meet up with boardies to chat, trade books, etc.

+1! Joel is a great guy, Dad and I have been buying books from him since I was a very small girl! :D

Thanks.

Actually, what day? The DC Comic-Con, which should be HUGE, is May 2.

Any idea of what dealers will be at that show?