• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Poor Richard's Boston Comic Con Report and Alamanac

102 posts in this topic

A poor shot of one of the aisles.

BCCRoom.jpg

And another:

BCCRoom2.jpg

John Byrne would not approve of the way these people are dressed. :grin:

John Byrne would insist these people all shower before coming to the con!

Yes, the fella in the upper photo in purple could use a round or two of shampoo. :whistle: Takes one to know one? :shrug:

That is probably the worst picture ever taken of me lol

The con was awesome. Got the majority of my FFs for surfer appearenaces....4 martinis at the dinner and pleaz excuz my typos...got ss # 2.5. And 6..and a few what ifs that I wanted from dickl pontoon

Photos available after soberization has occured.

You look great--and The Danimal, you easily look beyond 18. :baiting: For real.

But you, LovinTheSurfer, you may well have created a new word in soberization. :think:

Except for Andy, I didn't run into many smelly people, although I was congested.

First thing I thought this morning when I woke up was "I want to go back! Must buy books!" lol Maybe I can talk the missus into a side-trip after the wedding.

Yesterday, while going through the boxes at TVComics table, some fellow came up looking for low-grade FFs #1, 3, 4 and 5.TVComics had some, but not low-priced enough. This guy paid $125 for his FF #2, and was only looking to spend $300 on a #1. I had to bite my tongue. The poor soul is going to be looking for a long time that's all he wants to spend on that book.

The new location/room was a big improvement and the layout was good. I got there early and avoided the lines, which I understand were quite suckish, and I heard several tales of grouchy police. Seems to me they need a bigger locale already

The hour and a half wait in line sure didn't do anything for my mood. Once I got in everything was fine but that line sure sucked some of the fun out of my day.

I hope the promoters know about this.

. I forgot to sign Nik's cell.

I never even saw Andrew :(

I think I spotted Roy from afar but can't be sure.

The new location/room was a big improvement and the layout was good. I got there early and avoided the lines, which I understand were quite suckish, and I heard several tales of grouchy police. Seems to me they need a bigger locale already

The hour and a half wait in line sure didn't do anything for my mood. Once I got in everything was fine but that line sure sucked some of the fun out of my day.

Andrew's table was the one with signs on every box that read GACOLLECTIBLES :makepoint: I figured you decided not to come, or that everybody would just naturally congregate there. Sorry I missed you.

Louise was in the house, too.

We had a great time yesterday, though I was completely overwhelmed for the first hour or so.

I finally got to see some forumites late in the show, like GACollectibles, D i c k Pontoon, Danimal and Lovinthesurfer, and a few more. I wish we could have made the dinner but my wife and I had but a few hours of sleep before getting up for the Con. We were TOAST!

I scored big time on loot! From TVComics I got my best score... a sealed Art of Bernard Krigstein hardcover, Mister Mystery #2 (VG except for a piece out of the upper right corner) and the severed-head-covered Bobby Benson #14 in VG... all for $90!!!!!!!

Loads of fun to see everyone and score some goodies! I didn't see Larry... he must not have been at his table or something and I didn't know it was his. I'd hate to think that I missed not only a friend, but a whole aisle of stuff!!!

BCCDinner2.jpg

Well, how about that. You guys were just ahead of me in line and I didn't even realize it.

I saw them at the show, LovinTheSurfer was buyin a Silver Surfer from Ted. I was standing right next to her as Ted talked about how he married a feminist :)

That is probably the worst picture ever taken of me lol

The con was awesome. Got the majority of my FFs for surfer appearenaces....4 martinis at the dinner and pleaz excuz my typos...got ss # 2.5. And 6..and a few what ifs that I wanted from dickl pontoon

Photos available after soberization has occured.

You guys should take a trip down to NY in October for the NY Comic-Con.

Andrew's table was the one with signs on every box that read GACOLLECTIBLES :makepoint: I figured you decided not to come, or that everybody would just naturally congregate there. Sorry I missed you.

Louise was in the house, too.

Odd. I never saw the sign. However, after standing in that god forsaken line i was not at the top of my game. :(

I'll go again but next time I'll be there A LOT earlier.

I didn't ask the promoters or any dealer friends, but I would guess if a larger and affordable venue is available, they'd try to hold the next one there. A long line waiting for hours doesn't serve any anybody's interest.

I miraculously made it back today for a kamikaze buying run. The missus went above and beyond the call of duty and agreed to entertain our 2 year old while daddy went shopping. I'm a lucky guy.

I didn't come home with any of the Marvel SA keys I'd hoped to, but I picked up some nice books.

I miraculously made it back today for a kamikaze buying run. The missus went above and beyond the call of duty and agreed to entertain our 2 year old while daddy went shopping. I'm a lucky guy.

So I heard. The fact that you're posting is testament to the fact you are a lucky man.

:whistle: