• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Poor Richard's Boston Comic Con Report and Alamanac

102 posts in this topic

Pont, I kept and eye out for you and never did see you.

:(

You should have tapped me on the shoulder when you snapped the pic at Teddie's booth.

I think Andy said hey to you when you walked by but you missed it. I complained a bit earlier about the amount of boardies who kept to themselves but I suppose in this case I'm guilty of the same. In my defense, I was feeling really crappy with a cold and just too pooped to introduce myself. Lou was there too, wasn't she?

Lou was out shopping and we never made it back on Sunday.

I don't do well in public places when there is a lot of background noise and movement. I find it very distracting and hard to focus and sometimes people might mistake it for me having someone on ignore. I'm just a little overwhelmed at times in a large crowd when I've got something on my mind. I must have been lost in thought and missed it when Andy said something.

Maybe next year.

:wishluck:

I got 3 toon tumblers...two Silver Surfers and one Wolverine for Dan....forgot the whole damn bag on the shuttle back to the car :cry: :cry: :cry::sorry:

Three too many martini's maybe? :baiting:

I could have sworn I saw her late on Saturday. Good thing I didn't walk up and tell that woman she'd look real foxy in a green dress. lol

:roflmao:

Maybe she was spying on me.

:insane:

I got 3 toon tumblers...two Silver Surfers and one Wolverine for Dan....forgot the whole damn bag on the shuttle back to the car :cry: :cry: :cry::sorry:

Three too many martini's maybe? :baiting:

no, just being dumb...plus i lost them before I started drinking (thumbs u

So at one point I'm eating a pear, standing around shooting the breeze with KingofRulers, and two fellows approach us with a postcard for some film they're working on. One of them is flabbergasted and asks me if I'm eating some strange, exotic fruit. I tell him, "Nope, it's just a Bosc pear." "Really??!!" He's incredulous. "I've never seen one before. A Bosc pear you say?" "Yup, just a Bosc pear."

Am I missing something? Aren't those a common a variety that you could buy in any supermarket in the country? I've been all over and always took them for granted.

Worst dinner picture ever?

BCCDinner.jpg

L-R:

Hotflips, GACollectibles, LovintheSurfer, Danimal, MT100, Universal Soldier, Hotflips.

lol I seem to be quite amazed with my finger

It looks like you are trying to teach hotflips the one-fingered salute. :cool:

I'm relatively certain he needs no instruction in this area. :)

Didn't realize this was CKB.

doh!

I never did make it back. Just not enough time in the day on Sat.

:foryou:

That's OK - when I was telling Paul about the people looking at that book, I said "The guy who looks like Roy was pretty interested..." I didn't know you were at the show!

Didn't realize this was CKB.

doh!

I never did make it back. Just not enough time in the day on Sat.

:foryou:

That's OK - when I was telling Paul about the people looking at that book, I said "The guy who looks like Roy was pretty interested..." I didn't know you were at the show!

lol

I've never been told I look like Roy before.

Congrats on the sale. I would have taken it if I made it back.

(thumbs u

Worst dinner picture ever?

BCCDinner.jpg

L-R:

Hotflips, GACollectibles, LovintheSurfer, Danimal, MT100, Universal Soldier, Hotflips.

lol I seem to be quite amazed with my finger

It looks like you are trying to teach hotflips the one-fingered salute. :cool:

I'm relatively certain he needs no instruction in this area. :)

Yes and I use it myself when driving.

We were carrying a lot of stuff so had to take a shuttle back to the car to drop everything off. We wanted to get back into the con to meet up with everyone and go tot he dinner...I didn't realize we lost the glasses until I got home.

No biggie though. When we get our new apartment in August, we're gonna order 20 of them for our kitchen cabinet.

I had such a good time though. I'm so happy with the comics I bought and Kingsley's. She got a Silver Surfer #2 from Superworld that is very bright and sharp. At least a 9.0 no question. I also got a really good deal on my X-men #2 from Bob storms. I think I got it for like 60$ less than his original asking price.

We both had a great time talking it up with people. Both Kingsley and I are pretty talkative people so I hope no one was annoyed by us being so hyper all the time lol

Anyway thanks to everyone for a great convention!!

Last post I promise..

I wish more board members would of said hello if they knew who we were. Is it just that some people like to chat online but are shy in person? Or just not worth the bother?

I had a funny thing happen. Out of the corner of my eye I saw a really cool VG+ or so Shock Suspenstories #6. I asked the seller to see it. He saw how much I liked it and took the price down a little. Kingsley and I both pulled out our last cash but were coming short and really didn't feel like hitting up the ATM... So I told him i'd be back.

Come to find out it was CKB's table! I had no clue. So I went back, introduced myself, and told him i'd PM him later. Now after the con, I've secured the book to buy in a couple weeks! That's one of the reasons I love this place! If it was any other random seller, that book might of been gone forever.

I had such a good time though. I'm so happy with the comics I bought and Kingsley's. She got a Silver Surfer #2 from Superworld that is very bright and sharp. At least a 9.0 no question. I also got a really good deal on my X-men #2 from Bob storms. I think I got it for like 60$ less than his original asking price.

We both had a great time talking it up with people. Both Kingsley and I are pretty talkative people so I hope no one was annoyed by us being so hyper all the time lol

Anyway thanks to everyone for a great convention!!

I was very annoyed by you 2 lol