• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT-So who's going out and who's cooking at home??

13 posts in this topic

With two kids were staying home,plus it's going to rain all night here in NC, so we got the Heart Shaped Ribeyes some King Crab-nice bottle of Shiraz( or two)-putting the kids down early....and the rest they say is up to us....hope all have a romantic evening with your significant other. flowerred.gifcloud9.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif

We got a babysitter last night and went out to a nice dinner, followed up by some late-night martinis. We declared Valentine's one day early, to avoid the crowds. smile.gif

As for today, my 9-month old daughter gave me a small box of chocolates, and we all went to Burger King. Simple pleasures.

It's out for dinner with my wife, to the Hoffman House in Kingston,NY. Kind of an old colonial style place with nice atmosphere and a fireplace. It's really weird right now because I have one daughter sitting in Vienna, Austria as part of a student exchange program (she's 16), and my other daughter (13) is with my ex-wife, visiting relatives in California. So, I feel like I'm at the nexus of a 7,000 mile hug!

Staying in..

My wifes B-day was yesterday, so we always have a 2 day celebration And combine Valentines day with her B day.

Went out this afternoon to run errands. and by the time it reached 5 oclock, traffic was heating up. We are glad to be home

And since I was a chef for 12 years, we are doing part 2 of festivities at home.

She wants

Coconut Panko fried shrimp atop a nappa cabbage slaw with a with spicy asian

sweet/sour vinnagrete.. served with a pinot Grigio

And then lastly Honey Bourbon Glazed Salmon served with fried sage smahed potatoes and sauteed baby spinach w/butter served with a nice Penfolds Shiraz

Desert is simple, mango/pinnaple sorbet,

folowed by Esspresso, and Caramel Truffles.So we should be illl by midnight.

. have fun all

Happy Valentines day too.

Zeman

Sounds sensational Z, we are doing big honking Ribeyes(that have been marinating all day in a Mesquite lime based Marinade for a little TexMex twang) I have cranked up the Steamer with some Beer and Old Bay in the water to give the steam some flavor and tenderizing effect for the King Crab Legs, a tossed Ceasar Salad, and a side of Angel Hair Pasta with homemade Marinara sauce-The bottle of Black Opal Shiraz is open and breathing as we speak/type. Also,a Raseberry Chocalate Cheese cake awaits the end of dinner. Bon Appitete!! thumbsup2.gif