• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

any shot at blue?

16 posts in this topic

so i have this HULK # 5

on the K in the title is what was described to me as " marker touch obviously done by some kid"

now to me, it looks like its obviously not an attempt to cover anything up , and is likely exactly what it was described as.

ive had a spidey slab with the webbing on spideys suit traced and still got a blue label

so my question is does this have any chance at a blue label?

its a low grade book, and i have no intention of slabbing it..just curious.

the seller and i agree, likely purple label 3.0

HULK5-1.jpg

Since it doesn't look like the kid was trying to cover something up in the "K", I think the book still might have a shot at a blue label...

Maybe you could post your question in the "Ask CGC" forum and see if you get an answer?

Just my 2c

Orange/red marker on orange/red area of book = PLOD all day long....

i've seen books with a pen/marker dropped on the book in an area of the same color at a "sig signing" get PLOD after the fact with the CGC person right there watching the accident happen.....

I'm not an expert in this matter but I'm almost certain that gets a purple label.

It's too bad. If the kid had drawn a mustache on the hulk, or written in huge letters obscuring the artwork that "Billy Parker is a weiner," the book would get a blue label and would then be considered investment-worthy.

i've seen books with a pen/marker dropped on the book in an area of the same color at a "sig signing" get PLOD after the fact with the CGC person right there watching the accident happen.....

(thumbs u

Ouch!

I guess CGC has to be very "black and white" when it comes to this...if they decided to start guessing at a motive in these types of situations they could be heading down a slippery slope...

Ouch!

I guess CGC has to be very "black and white" when it comes to this...if they decided to start guessing at a motive in these types of situations they could be heading down a slippery slope...

see the problem i have here is that if i were to try and hide the "resto" by coloring the K in black marker..i could prob get a blue label(not that i intend to do that)

Ouch!

If that is true, it's better (while not as good leaving colored labels out of it altogether) But from what I've heard many people presume that assigning a motive is the prime directive, the be all and end all, of the PLOD.

Either way, if you color over the entire affected area with a black marker, you will make it appear far worse, but it will supposedly be worth far more.

Ouch!

If that is true, it's better (while not as good leaving colored labels out of it altogether) But from what I've heard many people presume that assigning a motive is the prime directive, the be all and end all, of the PLOD.

Either way, if you color over the entire affected area with a black marker, you will make it appear far worse, but it will supposedly be worth far more.

hence the phrase, buy the book and not the grade or in this instance...color of the label (thumbs u

of course, I understand that this does not play as well for the seller doh!

I'm not an expert in this matter but I'm almost certain that gets a purple label.

It's too bad. If the kid had drawn a mustache on the hulk, or written in huge letters obscuring the artwork that "Billy Parker is a weiner," the book would get a blue label and would then be considered investment-worthy.

Maybe to you . . . :grin:

(thumbs u

:sumo: Motive is both undeterminable and irrelevant.

if thats the case then how come a spidey 5, with spideys eyes colored in black ink(including the black outline around spideys eyes) can get a blue label?

is'nt that technically ct?

(not trying to be a jerk, its a legit question)

(thumbs u

if thats the case then how come a spidey 5, with spideys eyes colored in black ink(including the black outline around spideys eyes) can get a blue label?

No. It's grafitti.

(thumbs u

No. It's grafitti.

but why is black on black not CT and pink on red is?

if i took a pink marker and extended the the pink outside of the "K" would it be Grafitti?

all hypothetical of course

:eek: