• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Neil Gaiman, Michael Turner, Jim Lee and more SS books

36 posts in this topic

OK, this one is not SS, but there's little doubt as to its authenticity. The only reason it is qualified is because neither the sketch nor the signature was witnessed in accordance with CGC's rules. Comes with a Dynamic Forces COA.

Avengers/Invaders #1 DF Blank Cover CGC 9.8 (qualified) Signed and Sketch by John Romita $175

avengers-invaders_1_df_98q_003.JPG

avengers-invaders_sm_sketch_cert.JPG

Is this a "one of a kind" or did he do many?

While it is an original sketch, there are others that are similar. I'm not sure how many there are.

G.I. Joe #21 Renegar SS CGC 9.8 Signed by Michael Turner, Mike Zeck, Ray Park and Peter Steigerwald $450

Well it looks like I'm going to give it a home.... :takeit:

Congrats! Outstanding pick up!

And I hate you.....

lol - Don't be hate'n

This is the last one for now. You're unlikely to find a copy like this anywhere else, and it's unlikely that anyone (including me) will be able to put together any new copies. With CGC's new SS rules, multiple signatures when the signers are not at the same event are a challenge to say the least, and each additional event makes it just that much more of a challenge. And to top it off, Kenny Baker (R2-D2) does not travel outside of the UK due to health reasons, so getting him to sign anything for SS is next to impossible. In this one book you have Luke Skywalker (Mark Hamil), Princess Leia (Carrie Fisher), Lando (Billy Dee Williams), Darth Vader (David Prowse), Chewbacca (Peter Mayhew), C-3PO (Anthony Daniels) and R2-D2.

Star Wars #107 SS CGC 9.4 Signed by Mark Hamil, Carrie Fisher, Billy Dee Williams, David Prowse, Peter Mayhew, Anthony Daniels and Kenny Baker $700

star_wars_107_ss94_007.JPG

This is an awesome book. Nice placement of signatures with no overlapping. WIth the exception of Harrison Ford, Frank OZ, and George Lucas. it is Signed by everybody possible. Since these last 3 are pretty much impossible I don't see a better one coming up.