• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN...The Cartoon Series

16 posts in this topic

It's true!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=25709

Here is a snippet...

For months, fans of Marvel Comics web-slinging wonder have been curious as to what the small screen potential would be for Spider-Man since Sony relinquished rights back to Marvel for animated and television adaptations of the iconic superhero. Would the Sony-produced "Spectacular Spider-Man" somehow get a third season? Would the character be rested while Marvel geared up their big "Avengers" push?

Today, the answer came in the form of "Ultimate Spider-Man" – a new animated series produced by Marvel and set to debut in the fall of 2011 on cable channel Disney xD. Word first hit as part of the MIPTV conference currently being held for TV executives before Marvel made the show official by releasing a teaser image on their website.

Should I try and get A copy of US-M #1 now? (shrug)

It's true!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=25709

Here is a snippet...

For months, fans of Marvel Comics web-slinging wonder have been curious as to what the small screen potential would be for Spider-Man since Sony relinquished rights back to Marvel for animated and television adaptations of the iconic superhero. Would the Sony-produced "Spectacular Spider-Man" somehow get a third season? Would the character be rested while Marvel geared up their big "Avengers" push?

Today, the answer came in the form of "Ultimate Spider-Man" – a new animated series produced by Marvel and set to debut in the fall of 2011 on cable channel Disney xD. Word first hit as part of the MIPTV conference currently being held for TV executives before Marvel made the show official by releasing a teaser image on their website.

Should I try and get A copy of US-M #1 now? (shrug)

Yes as I heard the upcoming movie will be based on the Ultimate Spider-man as well. ;)

I really enjoyed USM for about the first 40 or so issues. And, the clone saga was actually pretty decent as well.

The clone saga was surprisingly AWESOME--just great. I found the old one quite hokey, but the Bendis version of it was really entertaining. Ultimate Spider-Man is just awesome overall, a great read...people who think that absolutely everything Modern is junk are crusty old farts, as the quality of writing today is FAR higher than it has been throughout most of the history of comics. :applause:

I really enjoyed USM for about the first 40 or so issues. And, the clone saga was actually pretty decent as well.

The clone saga was surprisingly AWESOME--just great. I found the old one quite hokey, but the Bendis version of it was really entertaining. Ultimate Spider-Man is just awesome overall, a great read...people who think that absolutely everything Modern is junk are crusty old farts, as the quality of writing today is FAR higher than it has been throughout most of the history of comics. :applause:

Agreed the crusty old farts think Daredevil has sucked since Frank Miller has left and have missed out on how great the Brubaker and Bendis Daredevil runs have been. ;)

Agreed the crusty old farts think Daredevil has sucked since Frank Miller has left and have missed out on how great the Brubaker and Bendis Daredevil runs have been. ;)

The recent Diggle arc is very good as well.

as the quality of writing today is FAR higher than it has been throughout most of the history of comics. :applause:

I would agree with this - but the execution, the drawn out story lines, the flip-flopping artists, the multi-title purchases you have to make just to follow the story, the dis-jointed flashback -tacular way it is presented in modern books SUCKS BALLZACK!!!!

I would agree with this - but the execution, the drawn out story lines, the flip-flopping artists, the multi-title purchases you have to make just to follow the story, the dis-jointed flashback -tacular way it is presented in modern books SUCKS BALLZACK!!!!

All of that has been true throughout comics history except multi-title storylines. Luckily Marvel has cut back on that over the last decade...none of the titles I've read (Daredevil, Punisher, Amazing Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Ultimate Spider-Man, Ultimate Fantastic Four) have had multi-title crossovers at all save for one--the Civil War crossovers--and Quesada has publically said multiple times that he'll never let those happen again, with some notable exceptions, Civil War being one of those. Civil War was better than the marketing-inspired crossovers anyway...it was a decent storyline, similar to Secret Wars in the 1980s but with a more compellingly interesting concept.

Some Modern titles also have longtime artist/writer combos. A prime example of that is the one that's the title of this thread--Bendis and Bagley stayed together on USM longer than even Stan Lee and Kirby did on Fantastic Four 1 to 108. Garth Ennis stayed on Punisher for a really long time, that's what kept me reading that title for years.

All of that has been true throughout comics history except multi-title storylines. Luckily Marvel has cut back on that over the last decade...none of the titles I've read (Daredevil, Punisher, Amazing Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Ultimate Spider-Man, Ultimate Fantastic Four) have had multi-title crossovers at all save for one--the Civil War crossovers--and Quesada has publically said multiple times that he'll never let those happen again, with some notable exceptions, Civil War being one of those. Civil War was better than the marketing-inspired crossovers anyway...it was a decent storyline, similar to Secret Wars in the 1980s but with a more compellingly interesting concept.

Some Modern titles also have longtime artist/writer combos. A prime example of that is the one that's the title of this thread--Bendis and Bagley stayed together on USM longer than even Stan Lee and Kirby did on Fantastic Four 1 to 108. Garth Ennis stayed on Punisher for a really long time, that's what kept me reading that title for years.

Uhm, have you actually read Thor or Hulk lately? Give the last 5 or so issues a read then get back to me. Marvel is up to their VERY old tricks again.

Quesada must have had his mouth full and was mis-understood when making the statement(s).

Uhm, have you actually read Thor or Hulk lately? Give the last 5 or so issues a read then get back to me. Marvel is up to their VERY old tricks again.

Quesada must have had his mouth full and was mis-understood when making the statement(s).

I listed what titles I read, so no. What's the name of the storyline--is it one of the Marvel Universe-wide crossovers, or one of the more minor marketing-inspired ones?