• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tryouts included in sets?

3 posts in this topic

I notice that at least one set in the registry includes its "tryout" predesessors while others don't. The one set that does is Rip Hunter: Time Master. It includes the four Rip Hunter Showcase issues in addition to the full run of Rip Hunter. Similar series (Challengers, Sea Devils) only include their own title.

I'm new to the registry so I'm curious if there are any general rules-of-thumb for which issues are or are not included in a registry?

Thanks for any input.

John,

A lot of times, especially now that most of the new sets come from requests, it depends upon what the person who is requesting the set asks for. So clearly, the Rip Hunter set "requester" must have asked for a more comprehensive set, whereas the others are just the main title runs. Hope this helps.

--S.

Just to expand on what Sean said, a lot of sets you will find have books that have run a small preview of the main title of the set (Walking Dead & Chew are the two that spring to mind), and then there is the short Walking Dead story in Image Holiday Special that will no doubt end up in the Walking Dead set.

Completists are always asking for additions to sets, and rightfully so in my opinion, if the book being added is relevant in any way to the set.