• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

One of the more creative eBay spammers...

29 posts in this topic

Do you search in the titles as well as descriptions? If not, then you will probably never run into this guy...

Link

Halfway down, highlight the area under where it says:

"Integrity first! I have a reputation of speedy and honest transactions (read my feedback for peace of mind). Don't hesitate to email me with any questions you may have about this auction. Good luck with your bidding, and thanks for looking."

grin.gif

I was wondering what this auction had ANYTHING to do with silver age comics. tongue.gif

Oh c'mon guys. I see NOTHING wrong with this. Assuming the guy is good at grading, the CGC reference may be helpful to some less experienced buyers, and there are quite a few. I think that this statement is appropriate and find nothing wrong whatsoever. CGC references in the heading for non-CGC books are one thing and purely SPAM, but this is fine. Don't be so picky that this upsets you. You guys are being a bit silly here, sorry, but that's my opinion. ----Sid

Nothing wrong, I'm tired of doing searches and having page after page come up that has nothing to do with what I'm looking for. If you cant sell by the rules. Go the 893censored-thumb.gif Home!

OK, I understand but by that same token, if you are selling an X-Men book in one listing and have some Spidey books in another listing, you BETTER NOT say anything like "please see my other auctions for some great Spider-Man comics" or anything like that. Because people looking for just X-Men in the title description will be spammed with the Spidey stuff as well. Picky, picky. -----Sid

Nothing wrong, I'm tired of doing searches and having page after page come up that has nothing to do with what I'm looking for. If you cant sell by the rules. Go the 893censored-thumb.gif Home!

OK, I understand but by that same token, if you are selling an X-Men book in one listing and have some Spidey books in another listing, you BETTER NOT say anything like "please see my other auctions for some great Spider-Man comics" or anything like that. Because people looking for just X-Men in the title description will be spammed with the Spidey stuff as well. Picky, picky. -----Sid

I think you missed this part of the auction:

"ADDITIONAL SEARCH WORD DATABASE comic book books comics comix comical modern bronze silver golden age super hero superhero superheroes superheros super-hero super-heroes super-heros vol volume sex sexy xxx value sweet sweetest best cheap cheapest good great greatest value lot recent guarantee corporation corp co near mint vf very fine vg good "

Here's what NOtMH is referring to and what everyone else is 'up in arms' about:

INVISOSPAM: ADDITIONAL SEARCH WORD DATABASE comic book books comics comix comical modern bronze silver golden age super hero superhero superheroes superheros super-hero super-heroes super-heros vol volume sex sexy xxx value sweet sweetest best cheap cheapest good great greatest value lot recent guarantee corporation corp co near mint vf very fine vg good

If you go halfway down the page and highlight the space between the lines "Integrity first! I have a reputation of speedy and honest transactions (read my feedback for peace of mind). Don't hesitate to email me with any questions you may have about this auction. Good luck with your bidding, and thanks for looking." and the horizontal bar the words I've labeled "INVISOSPAM" appear. They serve no purpose to enhance or describe the listing and are only there to act as spam keywords for the search engine. This may be slick but it's so freakin stupid and will only get the seller a mess of grief from eBay and people who turn green and smash things at the sight of spamming tactics. 893naughty-thumb.gif

confused-smiley-013.gifinsane.gifforeheadslap.giftonofbricks.gifWHAT????foreheadslap.gif

Ugh, I feel stupid now. I jumped ahead and thought that this thread was just another one ragging on someone for using a "Great for CGC" comment for a non-slabbed book in the item description. Yes, of course what this guy did is offensive. -----Sid

Don't feel too bad. I pulled a post earlier tonight because I thought a seller was trying to pull a slick one by selling a 10 cent copy of X-Men 101. Once I looked closer at the pic, I discovered it was the UK printing and the price was 10 pence, not cents. thumbsup2.gif