• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

One of the more creative eBay spammers...

29 posts in this topic

Beg to differ; eBay actually does have a rule about this:

Key word listings

In part:

Examples of keyword spamming that are not permitted:

Hidden HTML text. Sellers may include hidden text (for example "white on white") or source tags (meta or header tags), however such text may not include keywords unrelated to the item listing or to promote your other items. Keywords "hidden" within the title, description or through other means are not allowed. Such deliberate attempts at keyword spamming may result in suspension without prior warning.

I say, "Get rida tha bum!"

Larry

And he places it right below the "Integrity First..." blurb. Unbelieveable.

I sorta see the Ebay folks crowding around their monitors going, "I don't see anything wrong, you?". "Nope, not me George". "Okay Fred, enough of this, let's go back to www.ratemybutt.com (it's under construction so don't bother going and no, it's not my site), we've got butts to rate."

Though I wouldn't have seen it either.

CRC

That's a great catch Chuck.......how did you figure it out....was it deductive reasoning based on the fact that it kept coming up in searches where the search words weren't visible on his page?

How did you know to try looking for invisible words?

That's a great catch Chuck.......how did you figure it out....was it deductive reasoning based on the fact that it kept coming up in searches where the search words weren't visible on his page?

How did you know to try looking for invisible words?

It was actually a moment of extreme laziness. I didn't feel like moving my mouse all the way to the right side of the page to scroll down. So I just clicked and dragged all the way down the screen. blush.giftongue.gif

Hey if you check some of his later auctions they use to have the same thing. He has been changing them...I wonder if its because I emailed him and told him that ebay was on to him and if I was him I would change them before they cancel his account... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif