• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

$1000 bounty for a CGC witness to get Sean Connery Sig for me!!!

35 posts in this topic

well, considering the new rules, single books are pretty much impossible...

I respectfully disagree with this statement. :foryou:

well, you might get the signature, but tell me how you are going to get 1 book SS'd under the new rules?

I really really have to agree with Chainball on this...one book is just not enough to get approval...but, I guess, you never really know...

Really though...one book..that is mad love for Sean Connery!

I think the only person I would pay that kind of dough for would be Roberto Gomez Bolañoz..that's just me though... :/

well, you might get the signature, but tell me how you are going to get 1 book SS'd under the new rules?

Approval and a Notary (shrug)

it is my understanding they won't approve 1 book

Interesting..........I have not tried yet, but per the new rules it seemed very doable w/ the notary route.

I actually have all the James Bond books he could sign, 15-20 or so, but The Showcase #43 is the Grail for him to sign (Dr. No)

I also agree that Majesty movie was the best story if anyone but George played Bond.

I have been asking CGC for a single book using the "Approval and a Notary" theory I saw you talk about on previous threads, and unfortunately, I have not gotten the green light yet. I am still hopeful it will come about, but as of right now, nope...

I'll keep an eye out for any Connery appearances in the LA area, but yeah, this one will be tough... :)

Joel

I have been asking CGC for a single book using the "Approval and a Notary" theory I saw you talk about on previous threads, and unfortunately, I have not gotten the green light yet. I am still hopeful it will come about, but as of right now, nope...

I'll keep an eye out for any Connery appearances in the LA area, but yeah, this one will be tough... :)

Sounds good.

Joel

Lazenby was at SDCC last year, probably the only feasible bond to get SS'd.

That si where you would be wrong. Daniel Craig was just doing a Play in NYC a few months back. He would sign for people after each performance. Last year Roger Moore Did a few Book Store signings. I am sure if you asked nice he would have signed a 007 comic. I don't see how Timothy Daulton would be to hard. Connery is actually probably the only impossible one. It would probably take much more than 1000 dollars to get him to sign.

Yep, I was going to get him, but I got lazy

i got a lot of stuff signed by craig from his " a steady rain play." jackman as well who was in that play. none of it is cgc ss. i recently joined cgc and have recently started reading posts on the boards. that said i have been an autograph hound all of my life. i know that connery has retired from acting and has moved to the bahamas full time. i do have an address for him there and he will sign through the mail for you. i have compared them to some of the in person autos i have gotten and they are a spot on match. he is very rarely in the u.s. these days. to have a chance at cgc ss it would have to be done in the bahamas for the most part. stranger things have happened i guess. i would say play the lottery in your state. if you win that then use that money to make it happen. the odds on a cgc ss connery are probably a little greater then that lotto win.