• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can anyone tell me the site to find the comic from your birth month?

13 posts in this topic

I know it's been posted before but I can't remember where or what the name was. I'm looking for that site where you can look up the comic(s) that came out the month and year you were born. I don't know why I can't seem to find this, any help is appreciated ;)

Thank you. I did find a Marvel one but I swear there is a different one, maybe we're thinking of the same one. I am also just doing some searches using the month and year I need.

I appreciate the link though ;)

There is this one UHBMCC where you select >Data>Date and click on the year to see a table by month of which Marvels were published.

I'm not sure if that's the only one because I vaguely recall another one that I have no link for

The above link provides comics cover-dated and not the comics that were out on the newsstand the month you were born.

Marvel Comics Group 1939-1980 will give you the newsstand month and in some cases the actual day (if you were born 1980 or earlier -- otherwise you'll need to extrapolate forward). Good luck.

Thanks guys! Great links.

I'm actually just trying to find a reasonably priced but cool-ish comic for my dad's birthday. He's turning 50 soon and he already has everything he would want, but he loves collectible things and I think he would enjoy something like this. I'm thinking about picking him up a coin from the year he was born, and a comic from the year/month. Nothing expensive, maybe like $40-50 total on both, but I've already found a couple of possibles.

I'm actually just trying to find a reasonably priced but cool-ish comic for my dad's birthday. He's turning 50 soon and he already has everything he would want, but he loves collectible things and I think he would enjoy something like this. I'm thinking about picking him up a coin from the year he was born, and a comic from the year/month. Nothing expensive, maybe like $40-50 total on both, but I've already found a couple of possibles.

Another idea that some collectors pursue is the finding of a comic that has an arrival date stamp with their birth date stamped on a comic from the year they were born. In some cases this isn't possible...for example if they were born on a day that comics didn't happen to be distributed that month. An example of what I'm talking about can be found in the "new in my collection" thread at the top of the Comics General sub forum....a Tales of Suspense 41 posted by Korvac Saga. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Nifty idea! :idea: