• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sandman TPB

22 posts in this topic

Can someone please tell me a little about this TPB Sandman The Doll's House. It says its a First Printing..1995. Can't find anything on it. Didn't see one on ebay either. I'm sure someone on the boards has some info for me. Thanks.

This is a later printing, as there have been three printings (or more).

627048-tpb2_super.jpg

It collects Sandman #8-16, with one of the wildest stories I ever enjoyed in the series containing a gathering of serial killers at a convention.

Here's the Wiki summary of the content.

Sandman: The Doll's House

There have been 4 different covers for this collection - but god knows how many printings (I'd venture a guess & say more than 15). Here's what they all look like (the one on the right is the current printing):

sandman-dollshouse-tpbs.jpg

Only the first editions of this TPB contain issue #8 - the newer reprints do not, as DC decided to move issue #8 to the Preludes and Nocturnes TPB/HC.

It makes more sense that it's in the 2nd trade ...

Thanks. Looking forward to reading this series.

Definitely make it through at least the 2nd trade... the first one is good but does not completely exemplify the greatest that the series would later achieve.

Definitely make it through at least the 2nd trade... the first one is good but does not completely exemplify the greatest that the series would later achieve.

I have the third trade on hold for me. There are just so many trades in this series.

Absolutely agree. The 4th, 5th, and 6th are so great.

I've heard a lot of people complain about after issue 50. I simply don't understand it. Kindly Ones was great.

Pat

When I first read the series (in trade; didn't read it as it came out) the 4th trade, Seasons of Mist, was my favorite.

After a few more re-reads, I actually really like "A Game of You" and "Doll's House" best.

Seasons of Mist still holds up great too. And it has my favorite art from the series.

Just a great, great series all around. I'm envious of anyone that gets to read it for the first time.

I have another question. I have two Death books - High Cost of Living and Endless story and then Thessaly Witch for hire if I can ever get the 1st issue. Is there a site puts everything in reading order or should I just follow publication order?

Thanks, I am getting excited to start this series.

I have another question. I have two Death books - High Cost of Living and Endless story and then Thessaly Witch for hire if I can ever get the 1st issue. Is there a site puts everything in reading order or should I just follow publication order?

Whoever wrote the wiki entries for Death seems to have done a decent job.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_(DC_Comics)

I'd start here and see if the story summaries help in your research.

The two Death collections - the High Cost of Living and the Time of Your life - are independent of the Sandman series, and can basically be read anytime after issue #8 (when Death is first introduced).

The Thessaly: Witch for Hire collection is also independent, but takes place after the end of the Sandman series - so I'd wait until you've read the series before you cracked that one open.

Also - the Thessaly mini-series is actually the sequel to the 4-issue mini series Sandman Presents: The Thessaliad (which was reprinted in the Sandman Presents: Taller Tales TPB), so you might want to pick that one up as well.