• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HULK # 1 CLUB
21 21

3,619 posts in this topic

Well I got the 4.5 I traded for in hand today. No where near as nice as my 4.5 was before cgc screwed it up, and bumped it, but still a nice copy.

Hulk1731001.jpg

Did you sell the 55?

I traded the 5.0 for this one. I just couldn't look at that chip anymore, and I didn't really want to sell it and start over.

Well I got the 4.5 I traded for in hand today. No where near as nice as my 4.5 was before cgc screwed it up, and bumped it, but still a nice copy.

Hulk1731001.jpg

Did you sell the 55?

I traded the 5.0 for this one. I just couldn't look at that chip anymore, and I didn't really want to sell it and start over.

Gonna crack this one?

Hulk1731001.jpg

Did you sell the 55?

Gonna crack this one?

With the way things are going at CGC right now I wouldn't mess with it. I know of several books that have had "issues" in recent months including my FF1. Just my opinion of course but I'm personally taking a break on the subbing as well.

Hulk1731001.jpg

Did you sell the 55?

Gonna crack this one?

Yeah, probably. It'll look good in a mylar.

Hulk1731001.jpg

Did you sell the 55?

Gonna crack this one?

:o I would keep that baby in it's slab. 2c

Hulk1731001.jpg

Did you sell the 55?

Gonna crack this one?

I don't really have any slabs anymore. Cracked 70 or so a few weeks ago.

I'm pretty down on CGC lately, but that's a completely different story.

Hulk1731001.jpg

Did you sell the 55?

Gonna crack this one?

I don't really have any slabs anymore. Cracked 70 or so a few weeks ago.

I'm pretty down on CGC lately, but that's a completely different story.

Can't say as I blame you judging by that chip that resulted in a grade bump. :facepalm:

Did you here what happened to JerseyComicBoys F.F.#1,while it was in CGCs possession? :pullhair:

Yep, in addition to my Hulk 1, and a few other books I know of.

:eek:

I would be livid!

I was, but I replaced my Hulk 1 with a nice (not as nice) copy, and CGC will never again get a dime from me. So, I guess I'm over it.

I'll be cracking out the rest of my slabs this weekend after I buy more Mylars.

Did you here what happened to JerseyComicBoys F.F.#1,while it was in CGCs possession? :pullhair:

I would be livid!

I was, but I replaced my Hulk 1 with a nice (not as nice) copy, and CGC will never again get a dime from me. So, I guess I'm over it.

These are reasons I just can't send books to get graded,so I just buy them already slabbed.I would be crushed if my AF 15 came back F-ed up.

I would be livid!

These are reasons I just can't send books to get graded,so I just buy them already slabbed.I would be crushed if my AF 15 came back F-ed up.

Live and learn. I'm one of 3 (that I know of) members whoes books got destroyed in Sarasota recently. That's enough for me to go full on raw.

The only books I'm keeping slabbed are my Copper 9.8s.

marvel runs got a tales of suspense 10 back that failed prescreen and it came back with a big chip too :eek:

That's 4... somethings up in Sarasota. (shrug)

Seriously? Someone is handling these books WAY too roughly...one person is a terrible thing, two is coincidence but now we are talking a trend. I'm not here bashing CGC, I love graded books as much everyone else here, but I know of numerous books that have been jacked up recently. Be it the rush of getting books graded or the training of new graders, something is up and it's not cool at all.

I've had a few books go out attached and come back detached. I gotta say, it's not a good feeling. It's like my own personal CGC hall of shame.

I can join twice over and on two keys no less, FF1 and a TOS39. lol I think my days of cracking slabs for SS are over on books worth more than 500.00 bucks. The risk is a bit too much for a collector of my caliber.

I've had a few books go out attached and come back detached. I gotta say, it's not a good feeling. It's like my own personal CGC hall of shame.

yep, I know the feeling. I had to downgrade because I couldn't live with the chip.

Never again.