• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HULK # 1 CLUB
21 21

3,619 posts in this topic

On 4/26/2023 at 4:50 PM, Dark Knight said:

Here's the real Hulk #1 in that same serial number sold in Heritage 

Hulk 1 CGC 9.0.jpeg

This is like one of those “spot the difference” games.   Besides the label problems - the date stamp is not in the same location.   The color breaking crease in the upper right corner is not in the same location.   The space between “ind” and the top edge is not the same.   The cover is less centered on the fake with part of the 12 cent circle behind the fold.

It's really a dumb criminal attempt...how hard is it to fake the label of all things!?!? Seems printing out a legit looking label would be the easy part. doh!

On 5/6/2023 at 7:09 AM, alexgross.com said:

this one ends on heritage soon. i think it's a poor example of a 5.5 book with all the chipping on it. and unless your name also happens to be sam peterson, it is less appealing with the writing so boldly on the cover. 

hulk1.jpg

5.0 :gossip:

On 5/6/2023 at 9:09 AM, alexgross.com said:

this one ends on heritage soon. i think it's a poor example of a 5.5 book with all the chipping on it. and unless your name also happens to be sam peterson, it is less appealing with the writing so boldly on the cover. 

hulk1.jpg

That one passed through my LCS. There were Sam Peterson books around for years.

IMG_1360.thumb.jpeg.ff19279e43a73c06b26612690cc7e9cc.jpeg
(yes, the writing style was not always 100% consistent)

Edited by KirbyJack

I just received this monster back from CGC. Apparently it's the highest graded Hulk #1 ever by CGC whether unrestored or restored, but not nearly as valuable as many of the books in the rarified air of the unrestored column on the census. In hand, it looks flawless and even with the purple label (I knew 100% about the restoration) I'm very happy with it.

image.thumb.png.f0cf72024690696771dc8a224d68b868.png

Hulk 1 CGC 9.6 Front.jpg