• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dark Mysteries 19

9 posts in this topic

Hi all, I am considering this book and would greatly appreciate some grading opinions.

What I know:

Decent eye appeal / presenting book, with great color and gloss ( the skulls on the cover are as white as a backing board )

Interior pages are very white

Back cover has a moisture issue at top right corner. The moisture only affects the cover and does not affect the interior pages at all.

It is the moisture issue that makes it difficult for me to grade this book.

Thanks in advance for your opinions

front.jpg

back.jpg

backdetail.jpg

I'd consider it too

sweet copy

moisture damage is mild and doesn't discolor.

If I gave you a cgc estimate it would be just that. 6.0 but presenting like a 7.5.

CGC 6.0, small chance at 6.5 is my guess. But as noted, eye appeal in the VF range. This is a book served best raw.

Agreed, the ideal mid-grade book. If CGC is particualrly tough on the H20 damage, I could see them grading this as low as 5.5. I don't know what the seller is asking (this has long been an above guide book), but regardless of the technical grade, I'd value it about the same as your average 7.0 copy.