• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Iron-itis

11 posts in this topic

First Deadpool with all the variant covers, now Iron Man?! Hey, Im all for marketing your product, especially one that has over hundred million invested. But tons of titles have these "Iron man by Design" variants? I think Im gonna..gonna... :sick:

When does "Variant-mania" stop already?!

First Deadpool with all the variant covers, now Iron Man?! Hey, Im all for marketing your product, especially one that has over hundred million invested. But tons of titles have these "Iron man by Design" variants? I think Im gonna..gonna... :sick:

When does "Variant-mania" stop already?!

My LCS gets very few of these varients, so it's easy for me to ignore them. If I didn't see it, it doesn't exist.

:)

Some of these actually looked great...

Not that I'd actually buy any of them, but they did look good...

Don't get me wrong. I think it might sound like I hated the art but quite the contrary, I think the art is great!

Its the countless variant covers that bug me. Like we're lemmings and if they make cool looking Iron Man covers..we run and buy them.

It brings back bad memories of the gimmick covers-age. :P

and it's shocking how many people apparently are buying these.

I suppose the thinking is that, "If there's a rare variant cover, my regular version won't ever be worth anything, so I should get the variant to cut my losses."

Or something.

Bring back the card-stock, chromium, die cut, gatefold, holofoil, embossed, polybagged versions!
Nooooooooo! I was 15 or 16 when Marvel started doing this, collecting like 7 years.....at first I thought it was cool and had to have them all but they kept coming out with more and more. I quit collecting comics at this time couldn't keep up with it all!! Didn't get back into the hobby for 10 years or so.

Bring back the card-stock, chromium, die cut, gatefold, holofoil, embossed, polybagged versions!

I'd actually prefer that to just having different art...

well, not gatefold... and not polybagged...

but some of the other stuff was pretty neat.