• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Anaheim Comic-Con Photos

1 post in this topic

Not too crowded when I went on the first day, Friday.

Did not like the admission charge though. $12 for parking at the convention center, If paying at the door, it was $30 plus a $5 "convenience" charge ($35 total), so that' a total of $47 just to get into the show. And this is a small show too, reminds me of the first WW held in Long Beach years ago. Saw Gareb Shamus walking around, almost snapped at him about the $35 charge to just get in to walk around to BUY stuff was ridiculous. Oh well, haven't been to a Con in several years and this was the closest.

Good amount of Golden/Silver age booths. The stars that had the most lines on Friday were the ones from the old Batman show (Batman, Robin, Catwoman (both of them), Batgirl). Too bad a lot of the stars were charging $30 just for a headshot with autograph. A few B & C-list stars that were memorable to me, too bad I couldn't see myself paying $30 to get an autograph on an 8x10 (is that the going rate these days for stars at conventions?).

Picked up a few trades (40%-50% off- So I didn't understand those booths only advertising 20% off cover, pffft) and cheap-o reads for .50 cents and an original Batman art page piece.

Oh well, last WW for me again. For the $47 I paid for the privilege to just walk into the convention would have been my comic book allowance for five months.

96769.jpg.cd9bef887825a6999ac9741fe46fcdf6.jpg

96770.jpg.c8a4719a3b0bf7b4d672cbacceefd529.jpg

96771.jpg.069aa0cf1e8585b2832b6eb9479f6fef.jpg