• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Calgary Expo board members dinner this Saturday night?

7 posts in this topic

Roy - its the best Con in Western Canada for the full con experience, big name guests and so on. Only so so for buying and selling comics. There is small local show in the fall that is much better for buying and selling comics. During that show last year, I sold $2k of mid grade books and traded over $5 k of high grade books.

I will echo what Vern said, except that sales at this show have been better for me the past three years than the one day fall Calgary event. That one is hit and miss, with one year being decent and the next year being brutally slow.

WRT comic selection at the 2 day show, you will find much better out East. It has morphed from a comic event in its first couple of years to a broader sci-fi/comic event which is evident in their guest list.

Normally I would be in but I have a previous engagement. I didn't get a table this year but if there any requests for some books I can bring a few with me on Saturday.

Have any unrestored mid grade Timelys for under $100? lol