• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Going to Serbia next week - reasonable to assume I can find WD variants there ?

5 posts in this topic

So, of all the random places I am travel for work, I am now headed to Belgrade, Serbia next week. While not a modern collector, I do have a very soft spot for Walking Dead, WD and Y are two books that once I started reading I just couldn't stop. I have no back issues of WD currently (just the hardcover trades), and really don't intend to go after back issues, but I am aware of the neat cover variants from Serbia and thought, what the heck, maybe I should look for them while I'm there.

So, I'm curious about the likelihood of actually finding the Walking Dead variants in their native homeland? From what I've read, they are extremely low print, and the search will probably be fruitless? Or if I search reasonable shops (used book shops, possible comic shops, etc..), I may run across an issue or two? And am I correct, the issues released there with variant covers were 1-13? (shrug)

Thanks for the help, any input would be great!!

b

If you do manage to find any over there they will be dirt cheap so grab as many as you can. #2 and #10 were the issues that had variants printed.

There are 15 issues in total, 1-13 and then Black and white covers for 2 and 10. 1-13, i believe, only had 500 copies printed :grin: the black and white variants had 50 and 100 copies respectively. I would pick up as you can (thumbs u

So, of all the random places I am travel for work, I am now headed to Belgrade, Serbia next week. While not a modern collector, I do have a very soft spot for Walking Dead, WD and Y are two books that once I started reading I just couldn't stop. I have no back issues of WD currently (just the hardcover trades), and really don't intend to go after back issues, but I am aware of the neat cover variants from Serbia and thought, what the heck, maybe I should look for them while I'm there.

So, I'm curious about the likelihood of actually finding the Walking Dead variants in their native homeland? From what I've read, they are extremely low print, and the search will probably be fruitless? Or if I search reasonable shops (used book shops, possible comic shops, etc..), I may run across an issue or two? And am I correct, the issues released there with variant covers were 1-13? (shrug)

Thanks for the help, any input would be great!!

b

The last issue came out over 3 years ago and none have been printed since. So there aren't any current issues being printed.

If you are able to find them they will be back issues in whatever comic shops are located there.

If you can't find any, you can PM me when you get back and I can get you most of them. (thumbs u

Thanks all for the help, I'll see if I can find any, but I'm dubious that there will be any to be found after three years of publication... I'll send an update once I get back to the States.