• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Got robbed at C2E2

29 posts in this topic

A name on the first page likely won't affect the grade at all.

+1

CGC doesn't downgrade for stuff on the interior like they do the exterior, and I agree with it entirely. The cover is for show, whereas the interior is for reading. Defects that affect the functionality of reading should be downgraded for, everything else, not so much.

So if I scribble in the margins of every page, while not affecting your ability to read the comic, that shouldn't affect the grade?

So if I scribble in the margins of every page, while not affecting your ability to read the comic, that shouldn't affect the grade?

Not nearly as much as if it were on the cover, but if it's distracting enough, yes, it should affect the grade as it would affect the function of reading.

i'm curious as to what the kid's name was.

why do i have a sneaking suspicion it's something like "Gil King?"

hm

If it says, "FILE COPY" stamped on the inside it certainly affects the grade. Danny Dupcak special!!

Seriously, I once bought a SA Marvel that had FILE COPY stamped on the 1st page. The dealer sold it to me as a file copy. I later found out there were no Marvel File copies. Was this a known scam ?