• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pictures Vienna Comic Convention April 18th

29 posts in this topic

Once again it's time for some pictures from the Vienna Comic Convention from last Sunday. It was the most successful Convention so far. And with David Boller (Marvel, DC,...) we had for the first time an international Artist as a guest there. David drew a Spider-Man sketch for me. I sold many US-Comics at the convention and was very busy the whole day. Sometime during the day a guy asked me if I also buy Comics. He told me that he had 3000 vintage US-Comics he would like to sell for almost nothing. I'm very sceptical but I will hopefully have a look at the collection very soon.

Here is the link to the pictures. I know, the website is sometimes a little bit slow.

Pictures from the Convention

spiderman.jpg

Whats the % of people who speak english at a convention like that? Going to Vienna would be awesome, but sitting in a show and not being able to understand what people are saying to you might suck a bit.

And.....were you in any of those pics ? Didn't see anything saying Black Lantern on it... :grin:

Is this guy suppose to be a stormtrooper or is that some sort of European riot gear outfit?

Brrr...gives one the creeps to see "stormtroopers" in the streets of Vienna.

That term I'm sure will be lost on anyone around here who is under 30

I never knew the old Vienna before the war with its Strauss music, its glamour and easy charm. Constantinople suited me better. I really got to know it in the classic period of the black market. We'd run anything if people wanted it enough and had the money to pay. Of course a situation like that does tempt amateurs but, well, you know, they can't stay the course like a professional.

I never knew the old Vienna before the war with its Strauss music, its glamour and easy charm. Constantinople suited me better. I really got to know it in the classic period of the black market. We'd run anything if people wanted it enough and had the money to pay. Of course a situation like that does tempt amateurs but, well, you know, they can't stay the course like a professional.

Damn, I'm going to have to see that movie now.

Graham Greene (worship)

Graham Greene (worship)

I took the Third Man tour when I was in Vienna in September. Saw the doorway where Harry first appears, the sewer entrances, Harry's apartment building (with the two giant statues on either side of the doors), the Franz Joesph statue, and of course, I rode the Riesenrad (the ferris wheel). Just an awesome time.

Graham Greene (worship)

I took the Third Man tour when I was in Vienna in September. Saw the doorway where Harry first appears, the sewer entrances, Harry's apartment building (with the two giant statues on either side of the doors), the Franz Joesph statue, and of course, I rode the Riesenrad (the ferris wheel). Just an awesome time.

I spend a lot of time in Vienna. This 3rd Man tour (& movie) has now all been noted in my long term memory. I appreciate it.