• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

You did what? A pedigree love story.

241 posts in this topic

I'm confused. Doesn't the "you did what?" and the little shocked icon in the title imply that the pressing revelation was intentionally pushing buttons?

And before someone goes all DQ on me, I have no problem with what Jim chose to do with his book, but I refuse to believe the button-pushing was not somewhat intentional. :baiting:

Bah, Watson's posts don't have a point.

:sumo:

That is the best movie of the last 20 years.

You know something, this could be true.

I thought "no way in hell is that true, plenty of good movies from the 90s". Then I thought some more. Then I realized that the only films I liked better were Unforgiven, Glengarry Glen Ross and LA Confidential. That's not so much a compliment to There Will be Blood as it is an indictment of the past two decades of cinema.

He actually saved a book that would have been lost by a cracker.

thats_racist.gif

I'm starting to think that Dicex is the only person around here with a sense of humor.

BTW, why are people unwilling to say that they are just in the hobby for the money? Somehow that is wrong? I assume that most if not all of you guys that travel the country for these conventions are scouring auction sites for books you can press and flip for profit...

I'm starting to think that Dicex is the only person around here with a sense of humor.

That quote is going down on my list of achievements. :acclaim:

thats_racist.gif

BTW, why are people unwilling to say that they are just in the hobby for the money? Somehow that is wrong? I assume that most if not all of you guys that travel the country for these conventions are scouring auction sites for books you can press and flip for profit...

I respectfully have to disagree. I really doubt that most of us even submit our own books to CGC let alone play the press and flip game.

thats_racist.gif

I collect and flip. I use ther flipping to fuel my collection. This is done to some degree by everyone who collects comics.

I thought "no way in hell is that true, plenty of good movies from the 90s". Then I thought some more. Then I realized that the only films I liked better were Unforgiven, Glengarry Glen Ross and LA Confidential. That's not so much a compliment to There Will be Blood as it is an indictment of the past two decades of cinema.

Daniel Day-Lewis was a bad azz in There Will Be Blood.

thats_racist.gif

I collect and flip. I use ther flipping to fuel my collection. This is done to some degree by everyone who collects comics.

I bet more of us simply decide to sell books we own as opposed to buying with the sole intent of flipping. At least I would like to believe that's true.

Has he ever been bad in a movie?

The Last Of The Mohicans might just be my favorite romance.

LA Confidential, Gangs of New York and Miller's Crossing are close, but I take TWBB.

thats_racist.gif

I bet more of us simply decide to sell books we own as opposed to buying with the sole intent of flipping. At least I would like to believe that's true.

Some do both. Not everyone was blessed with a limitless bank account.

Oh, and I don't find Dice that funny.

:sumo:

I'm confused. Doesn't the "you did what?" and the little shocked icon in the title imply that the pressing revelation was intentionally pushing buttons?

And before someone goes all DQ on me, I have no problem with what Jim chose to do with his book, but I refuse to believe the button-pushing was not somewhat intentional. :baiting:

Actually, it wasn't.

The "You did what?" reference was my shocked response to the guy who bought the book off eBay and then cracked it throwing away the label which was what I thought at the time the only way to identify the book as the Northland copy.

I then jokingly used the phrase again once I decide to have back cover repaired. Most people understood the joke. Flaming_Telepath got it. I guess it went over the heads of a few individuals. I expected too much.

In the end, I am more than satisfied with the outcome. However, if anyone wants to claim the motivation was monetary, then I need to hire them to come work for me as apparently they wouldn't mind working six months to make fifty bucks.

If I could only see one movie for the rest of my life it would be Last of the Mohicans. Great acting, moving story, action, romance, fighting, and a great score with great cinematography

If I could only see one movie for the rest of my life it would be Last of the Mohicans. Great acting, moving story, action, romance, fighting, and a great score with great cinematography

I see the clouds parting with four horsemen appearing...the end is nigh....

:cry: