• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

You did what? A pedigree love story.

241 posts in this topic

That is the best movie of the last 20 years.

You know something, this could be true.

I thought "no way in hell is that true, plenty of good movies from the 90s". Then I thought some more. Then I realized that the only films I liked better were Unforgiven, Glengarry Glen Ross and LA Confidential. That's not so much a compliment to There Will be Blood as it is an indictment of the past two decades of cinema.

I thought Unforgiven was the best movie of the last 20 years but... hard to think of a lot better. Though I think the Lord of the Rings trilogy ought to be considered as well.

I assume that most if not all of you guys that travel the country for these conventions are scouring auction sites for books you can press and flip for profit...

I typically buy absolutely nothing when I attend a convention. I enjoy working a dealer's booth or getting a couple of sketches. However, the main goal is to meet up with friends who buy books to press and flip for a profit. Oh, and dealers love flippers. They keep coming back to buy more books.

I thought "no way in hell is that true, plenty of good movies from the 90s". Then I thought some more. Then I realized that the only films I liked better were Unforgiven, Glengarry Glen Ross and LA Confidential. That's not so much a compliment to There Will be Blood as it is an indictment of the past two decades of cinema.

I thought Unforgiven was the best movie of the last 20 years but... hard to think of a lot better. Though I think the Lord of the Rings trilogy ought to be considered as well.

The Shawshank Redemption is right up there.

That movie just did not move me for some reason. Maybe I was tired when I saw it.

(shrug)

He actually saved a book that would have been lost by a cracker.

thats_racist.gif

I'm starting to think that Dicex is the only person around here with a sense of humor.

BTW, why are people unwilling to say that they are just in the hobby for the money? Somehow that is wrong? I assume that most if not all of you guys that travel the country for these conventions are scouring auction sites for books you can press and flip for profit...

I collect and flip. I use ther flipping to fuel my collection. This is done to some degree by everyone who collects comics.

And there is nothing wrong with it...

I think that's what I find so funny about the pressing issue, why are people so against it? The comic hobby is big dollar now and needs to be treated as such. Guys like you that have the knowledge and the tools to do it should press every book that makes sense and make as much money as possible. I saw the same thing happen with sports cards and it's just the natural evolution of a paper hobby. Unfortunately, the natural cycle will cut some at the knees.

Oh, and I don't find Dice that funny.

I don't personally know any of you guys but from an outsiders perspective Flee Marquette and Dicex should charge for their services here!

:banana:

That movie just did not move me for some reason. Maybe I was tired when I saw it.

(shrug)

Too much anal rape? (shrug)

LA Confidential, Gangs of New York and Miller's Crossing are close, but I take TWBB.

Not sure how I forgot that one.

"You gotta remember to put one in his BRAIN. Your first shot puts him down, then you put one in his BRAIN. Then he's dead. Then we go home."

I don't personally know any of you guys but from an outsiders perspective Flee Marquette and Dicex should charge for their services here!

I'll forward you my Paypal info. hm

I'll forward you my Paypal info. hm

Can't do that Dice...I hear they press their customers wallets!

I liked LA Confidential and The Departed. Probably the two best I can think of.

Read my mind bro, I was going to mention The Departed. :headbang:

Really? I thought the Departed was way over-hyped, and really not all that interesting. (shrug)

As for Last of the Mohicans... :cloud9:

Wes Studi's Magua is one of the best cinematic villains ever. :headbang:

It's no big deal. I was having fun and I thought it was interesting. I failed to realize that some are so narrow minded that they can't see past the fact that this isn't a pressing thread.

I've learned my lesson; no more sharing outside PM threads. And people wonder why Comics General sucks.

I enjoyed your story Jim. The thrill of the hunt. The investigating. How it turned out. Thanks for sharing,

Jeff

Really? I thought the Departed was way over-hyped, and really not all that interesting. (shrug)

I'm Scorsese's beeeeyotch. I would watch a dog lick himself for 2 hours if Scorsese directed it.

I'm Scorsese's beeeeyotch. I would watch a dog lick himself for 2 hours if Scorsese directed it.

I was so shocked/mad at what happened in the elevator at the end, that I screamed, out loud, at the movie theater - "No f-ing way!" I was pizzed the whole way home. I have probably seen it 6 or 7 times now and absolutely think it was a masterpiece.