• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

You did what? A pedigree love story.

241 posts in this topic

and of course, you'll be sending the gentlemen who sold it to you the difference in value between an 8.0 and 9.0

There's only a $50 difference. So, if I take the grading and pressing fees out of it and don't charge for the time involved, I guess he can have half of the ten bucks I'll have left over on top of the $100 profit he's already received. (shrug)

and of course, you'll be sending the gentlemen who sold it to you the difference in value between an 8.0 and 9.0

There's only a $50 difference. So, if I take the grading and pressing fees out of it and don't charge for the time involved, I guess he can have half of the ten bucks I'll have left over on top of the $100 profit he's already received. (shrug)

i wasn't being serious. loved the story tho. any idea what ever became of goldman's certificate?

i wasn't being serious. loved the story tho. any idea what ever became of goldman's certificate?

No, the first I had seen of the 8 was when it showed up on eBay as I didn't have it in my list and neither did sfilosa.

I think the 8.0 slab was the first time it had been graded or it was a straight resub with the label. I can't see it being a straight resub though as the back cover was fugly when seen in hand.

I waited as patiently for a response as joeypost waits for CGC to grade books.

:mad:

:foryou:

I just told Harshen to push the Joeypost books back another week. He needs to detox. :baiting:

Please don't. I have books in there as well. :eek:

Great story. It had chills spills and thrills I give it two (thumbs u

Wow, you're easy to entertain.

Perhaps plitch needs to get Harshen to push MCMiles' books back a week or two as well. :sumo:

And your easily impressed so big whoop. :P

This thread :sick: & :blahblah:

m_836243ef4cf340198f6f5f5af5929d98.gif

I didn't feel comfortable just packing the book up and sending it to CGC, so I waited for MegaCon and took it down to Florida in person. Again, as luck would have it, Mr. Haspel was attending MegaCon. I refreshed his memory concerning our New York conversation and he said to go ahead and submit the book and e-mail all the pertinent information to his e-mail address.

I had decided that the book could benefit from being pressed.

I can hear it now, "You did what?" Yep, I did.

So, I I had a close friend give it the professional treatment and the book came out beautifully. It was really nice to see what all was involved in the process first hand. Anyway, with fingers crossed, we submitted it to CGC and again waited patiently.

Fast forward, I know, too late for that, to Chicago and my newly slabbed X-Men #8 is hand delivered to me... complete with the Northland designation on the label and a nifty new grade of 9.0. Needless to say, I'm still on cloud nine. :cloud9:

xmen8north.jpg

Great book, result + story!! Now sell it to me for $350 :baiting:

Well, you could always entertain us with long-locked Tupenny college photos.

You can still easily have it assigned a pedigree right?

Jim was fortunate to have high res scans in a slab with 'Northland' slapped on it.

In the absence of this, a clear paper trail would usually have to be provided as evidence.

That and it's a good thing that rips don't press out.

lol

Harold Hecuba! (worship)

If it were possible for men to have sex with comics, there would be no high grade market.

Think about it.

Harold Hecuba! (worship)

HH!! You, DiceX, are the coolest dude who has ever graced these Boards. (worship)