• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If you could have 1 super power what would it be?

123 posts in this topic

I'd like to be able to revert, just by touching, any comic back to the state it was in after being stapled. Essentially, reversing time but only for the comic touched.

The real question is if CGC would consider that restoration :angel:

Black Adams powers. Basically be part of the Marvel family. Immortal,flight,super strength, yea that works. I would live long enough to meet someone who figured out time travel, and have enough cash to do what I want. Yep the power of Shazam..

Something to be said about extreme longevity. As in live to be 1,000 years old. Imagine how the everyday items in your home now would be worth a mad fortune in a few hundred years. Plus you are bound to learn a few things along the way.

But it be lonely

Imagine watching everyone you know and love die of old age

Yep. 80 years is more than enough time for me to be on this rock. ;)

No offense to those that want to live longer (like my wife). :)

I'd like to be able to revert, just by touching, any comic back to the state it was in after being stapled. Essentially, reversing time but only for the comic touched.

The real question is if CGC would consider that restoration :angel:

:fear:

The ability to calm jittery squirrels.

Hmm...why would Sean need a calm squirrel?

Or the better question would be, why are they so jittery around Sean?

:screwy:

It's from an old Dave Letterman Top Ten List of Worst Super-Powers. Also included were:

-Magnetic Colon

-Ability to communicate with corn

Those were my three favorite.

It's from an old Dave Letterman Top Ten List of Worst Super-Powers. Also included were:

-Magnetic Colon

I don't know. Corn could have a lot of important information to impart - we all know how freakin' smart people from Iowa can be. hm

-Magnetic Colon

That you remember them is intriguing.

Hmm...why would Sean need a calm squirrel?

Or the better question would be, why are they so jittery around Sean?

Maybe same reason Gerbils are Jittery around Richard Gere

Teleportation (assuming I can carry a small number of people with me). Then the wife and I could visit Europe on weekends. (Kind of like "Jumpers," minus being hunted down by Samuel L. Jackson.)

I was going to say that Jesus Christ appeared to me and gave me the power, but that might be a little too much responsibility for me if that happened. jesus_smiley.gif

Let's just say that I learned to teleport after almost getting hit by car while saving my wife from a drunk driver. car_21.gif

great question!

and difficult to answer. Literature has tacked this wish for centuries and illustrated the drawbacks. For every power I think Id want, I can come up with serious flaws to them. Most would get us what we cant get now, But how long before we no longer care about those desires after they are so easily procured? Even "living forever" doesnt sound that great when you think about it. Flying would be uncomfortable w/o proper clothing for the friction and cold (probably couldnt open your eyes w/o goggles. How about landing?

Reading minds? How do you turn it off so you get a surprise now and then?

Know the future? Sure youd be ridiculously rich. Then what? Can you live with cheating for the money? even if you gave it to charity after a while, you are still "stealing" from others who dont know the future.

Super smart? same problem After awhile, its more frustrating and depressing to live with.

Xray eyes is interesting! but kinda minor and kinky.. and really, many times you dont wanna see thru clothes!

super strength? for what? become the highest paid laborer or circus performer?

super breath? ugh

spider sense?

cyclops' laser eyes?

mind control? boring

see what Im getting at?

any super power sounds great... until you think about it carefully. Its all like an O Henry story: be careful what you wish for!

I'd poop $100 bills

lol

I'd have to take Hiro's time/teleportation ability. That way I'd go back through the 1900 to present snatching up comics and stock in companies like IBM and Microsoft. ;)

Everyone keeps saying this. Isn't it a lot easer to produce money out of thin air, or your rectum, then to do all that running around?

I'd poop $100 bills

lol

I'd have to take Hiro's time/teleportation ability. That way I'd go back through the 1900 to present snatching up comics and stock in companies like IBM and Microsoft. ;)

Everyone keeps saying this. Isn't it a lot easer to produce money out of thin air, or your rectum, then to do all that running around?

Don't politicians have this power already?

Aren't they always coming with money out of thin air and pulling grants out of their azz?