• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dishonest stuff going on in the Board Only Sales Area Forum...Sad.
5 5

1,781 posts in this topic

I can't think of a single woman I know who needs to feel that way

These discussions are silly because we all instinctually hide our insecurities, and some people can hide them really well. I have dated some women that I thought were beautiful and extremely confident, only to find out about some seriously deep rooted insecurities much later in the relationship. To assume that people are secure because they don't openly display their insecurities is ludicrous, because as I said, our instinct is to hide them at all costs.

To me, at least in this society, common sense dictates that the majority of women, particularly younger women, are fixated on their appearance, as evidenced by the plethora of fashion mags, the fact that plastic surgeons own Yachts, the fact that women spend in the 5 figures on makeup annually, and the fact that the fashion industry is largely catered to women.

Would you kindly explain to me why you insist on going on about this? You are not a woman, nor will you ever be. Therefore, how can you know how all or majority of women feel? Because you have seen what society can do to women you know? I'm just a bit confused as to why you keep going on about this...

Because he is a man who's in touch with his peter. Really, it is a mighty weapon.

These discussions are silly because we all instinctually hide our insecurities, and some people can hide them really well. I have dated some women that I thought were beautiful and extremely confident, only to find out about some seriously deep rooted insecurities much later in the relationship. To assume that people are secure because they don't openly display their insecurities is ludicrous, because as I said, our instinct is to hide them at all costs.

To me, at least in this society, common sense dictates that the majority of women, particularly younger women, are fixated on their appearance, as evidenced by the plethora of fashion mags, the fact that plastic surgeons own Yachts, the fact that women spend in the 5 figures on makeup annually, and the fact that the fashion industry is largely catered to women.

Would you kindly explain to me why you insist on going on about this? You are not a woman, nor will you ever be. Therefore, how can you know how all or majority of women feel? Because you have seen what society can do to women you know? I'm just a bit confused as to why you keep going on about this...

Because he is a man who's touch with his peter. Really, it is a mighty weapon.

lol

Just to be clear, you're saying that the majority of young women are NOT fixated on their appearance based on the media portrayal of women as objects? Because if that's what you're saying, I think you're either (1) living an extremely sheltered life (2) in denial or (3) already a supermodel and don't think about it.

Go to a high school - any high school - in the United States and watch what the girls eat. Then come back and tell me what you think. The portrayal of women in popular culture is that any bit of weight is wrong, and that is filtering down by making girls eat unhealthily to stay thin.

Obviously I'm hitting a nerve with you, because you're engaging me within a Mens vs. Women context, when that's not what this is about. I can say that the majority of women, based on common sense and evidence, are fixated on their looks. I could also tell you that the majority of men share certain insecurities too. I don't need to have a va gina to be able to make observations about the behavior of the opposite sex.

Also, this is a cluster-fark of a thread, and I'm just amusing myself. If you can't handle it, ignore me.

Just to be clear, you're saying that the majority of young women are NOT fixated on their appearance based on the media portrayal of women as objects? Because if that's what you're saying, I think you're either (1) living an extremely sheltered life (2) in denial or (3) already a supermodel and don't think about it.

Go to a high school - any high school - in the United States and watch what the girls eat. Then come back and tell me what you think. The portrayal of women in popular culture is that any bit of weight is wrong, and that is filtering down by making girls eat unhealthily to stay thin.

I'm not saying that at all. What I am saying, is that men shouldn't alway assume that majority or all women have these issues. I have been to High School, quite recently actually, and I know how it is all too well.

I'm not saying that there aren't issues with out society, but is it really the media and models or who's ever fault, that young girls have self confidence issues?

I just am not affected by the media and our society's view on what they believe is beautiful.

I'm not saying that at all. What I am saying, is that men shouldn't alway assume that majority or all women have these issues.

So you agree with donut that the majority of young women are fixated on their appearance, but you just don't want men to point it out. Understood.

Because he is a man who's in touch with his peter. Really, it is a mighty weapon.

The peter is mightier than the sword.

I'm not saying that at all. What I am saying, is that men shouldn't alway assume that majority or all women have these issues.

So you agree with donut that the majority of young women are fixated on their appearance, but you just don't want men to point it out. Understood.

is that a question?

would it be safe to say that women should assume that majority of men are insecure about their p.e.n.i.s size becuase of what is seen in po.rn?

or is that a horse of a different color? enlighten me...please

Edited by LovinTheSurfer

is that a question?

would it be safe to say that women should assume that majority of men are insecure about their p.e.n.i.s size becuase of what is seen in po.rn?

Yes. ;):grin:

is that a question?

Absolutely, it is. It's safe to say that women are fixated on their appearance, because a fixation on appearance doesn't just entail insecurity, but also the gender roles we place on men and women in this society.

In a similar vein there are men who are fixated on their spoon size, there are men who are fixated on the size of their wallets, there are men who are fixated on the size of their muscles, and there are men who are fixated on their height. It's all related.

Men, and especially younger men who are just coming into their own, are under pressure to be strong, protective providers, and that entails everything above. And each guy experences these things in varied amounts, depending on individual circumstances. The majority of men equate their worth, to some extent, to their ability to perform in the above arenas.

For younger women, self-worth is often equated to their appearance. This is self-evident, and if you were as secure as you claim, you wouldn't have a problem recognizing that. See Skypinkblu's posts above.

Now stop taking all this so personally. :baiting:

I think the media is to blame for these guys' oh so enlightened assertion that the media is to blame for women's body-image issues, if any.

That was not a tautology.

That's the pen is, Mr. Connery.

is that a question?

You shouldn't have mentioned horses. :(

That's the pen is, Mr. Connery.

;):hi: