• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dishonest stuff going on in the Board Only Sales Area Forum...Sad.
5 5

1,781 posts in this topic

I'm not saying that at all. What I am saying, is that men shouldn't alway assume that majority or all women have these issues.

So you agree with donut that the majority of young women are fixated on their appearance, but you just don't want men to point it out. Understood.

is that a question?

would it be safe to say that women should assume that majority of men are insecure about their p.e.n.i.s size becuase of what is seen in po.rn?

or is that a horse of a different color? enlighten me...please

You shouldn't have mentioned horses. :(

OMG, I'm having flashbacks to MK's thread in the WC. :sick:

I think the media is to blame for these guys' oh so enlightened assertion that the media is to blame for women's body-image issues, if any.

That was not a tautology.

These guys are spewing stuff that they've heard in, well, the media, in an attempt to sound enlightened and informed and sensitive toward women's issues. It is, therefore, ironic that a woman is giving them the business on this point. I bet they never saw it coming.

They are also under the belief that the majority of folks (in this case the majority of the female gender) is so weak-willed and sheep-like that they are brainwashed by advertising, tv, movies, etc.

To recap:

1) these male posters are trying to make themselves look good;

2) these male posters think the folks are stupid kitties

Edited by LovinTheSurfer

We went to a local comic show today and had a great day! Kingsley picked up a couple romance comics and a really nice 7.0 or so Silver Surfer #17.

I got a killer X-men #45 from Andy (GAcollectibles) that I had reserved and have been meaning to buy since I saw it at the Boston con. It's a solid VF.

Fantasy comics had a staggering amount of cheap low grade silver age comics. Most of these were $2 each. I ended up grabbing a really nice mid grade X-men #47 for a whopping $13!!

We picked up a bunch of Marvel essentials to add to our Marvel reading archives.

All in all a great couple hours at a nice relaxed FREE show. Ran into Pontoon, Universal Soldier met us there, and Andy. Also made a grade contact for a nice local guy who collects pre-code horror and has a massive collection. Going to visit his house soon for a tour.

Figured I'd bring this thread back to what we all love....Funny Books!!

Thanks

DAN

I think the media is to blame for these guys' oh so enlightened assertion that the media is to blame for women's body-image issues, if any.

These guys are spewing stuff that they've heard in, well, the media, in an attempt to sound enlightened & informed & sensitive toward women's issues. It is, therefore, ironic that a woman is giving them the business on this point. I bet they never saw it coming.

They are also under the belief that the majority of folks (in this case the majority of the female gender) is so weak-willed & sheep-like that they are brainwashed by advertising, tv, movies, etc.

To recap:

2) these male posters think the folks are stupid p u zzies.

If I spouted even the hint of a thought that the female gender is weak or any such nonsense I wouldn't live through the night. ;) My wife would set me straight. ;)

However, I don't think COI was stating that opinion.

These guys are spewing stuff that they've heard in, well, the media, in an attempt to sound enlightened and informed and sensitive toward women's issues. It is, therefore, ironic that a woman is giving them the business on this point. I bet they never saw it coming.

They are also under the belief that the majority of folks (in this case the majority of the female gender) is so weak-willed and sheep-like that they are brainwashed by advertising, tv, movies, etc.

To recap:

Its very obvious you are taking this conversation too personally.

They are also under the belief that the majority of folks (in this case the majority of the female gender) is so weak-willed & sheep-like that they are brainwashed by advertising, tv, movies, etc.

Why do you think commercials and advertisements exist? And why do they all have 'beautiful people' using whatever the commercial is hawking?

It's certainly not because the 'beautiful people' represent a majority of the people to which the items being hawked. It is, obviously, because people (regardless of their gender/race/whatever) ARE influenced by "advertising, tv, movies, etc". They are, either at a conscious or subconscious level, influenced to behave like/buy like what is presented in the advertisements\TV\movies as the Utopian 'cool crowd'.

To recap:

No, you're just taking it that way.

What I said I have heard from the mouth of many women. I'm 40 and have talked to quite a few of them. I've been in several long term relationships and I've observed women for more than 1/2 my life. I also have 3 daughters ages 9 to 15 and I observe their behavior regularly and tackle these self esteem issues daily or weekly.

I was also a player (at least in my own mind) in my single days and I made it my mission to figure out what makes women tick. Sue me.

I think COI is spot on, but it was wasn't meant to be an attack on women just an observation...and the flip side of the coin applies to most men.

Their looks, genital size, hair, income, weight, car they drive and reputation are all important and often directly related to their self esteem issues. We just don't go about talking about openly with everyone but might with a close friend.

To be fair, everyone's self esteem issues have some sort of a root cause and it's different for everyone.

To recap:

No, you're just taking it that way.

What I said I have heard from the mouth of many women. I'm 40 and have talked to quite a few of them. I've been in several long term relationships and I've observed women for more than 1/2 my life. I also have 3 daughters ages 9 to 15 and I observe their behavior regularly and tackle these self esteem issues daily or weekly.

I was also a player (at least in my own mind) in my single days and I made it my mission to figure out what makes women tick. Sue me.

I think COI is spot on, but it was wasn't meant to be an attack on women just an observation...and the flip side of the coin applies to most men.

Their looks, genital size, hair, income, weight, car they drive and reputation are all important and often directly related to their self esteem issues. We just don't go about talking about openly with everyone but might with a close friend.

To be fair, everyone's self esteem issues have some sort of a root cause and it's different for everyone.

hmlol

Sorry Roy - you just don't present yourself as a *player* - at least not from what I've seen. :grin:

Why do you think commercials and advertisements exist? And why do they all have 'beautiful people' using whatever the commercial is hawking?

It's certainly not because the 'beautiful people' represent a majority of the people to which the items being hawked. It is, obviously, because people (regardless of their gender/race/whatever) ARE influenced by "advertising, tv, movies, etc". They are, either at a conscious or subconscious level, influenced to behave like/buy like what is presented in the advertisements\TV\movies as the Utopian 'cool crowd'.

I stopped watching television for about 7 years. No TV, no movies, no music, no radio. I was shocked when I got back into the media and started to experience how much things had changed and how much society had changed in those seven years based on my own observations.

You can literally steer the general public like a rudder would steer a large boat by simply using the media to change people, their perceptions and their beliefs.

That's a fact.

I'll back her up and say she is NOT taking this too personal. That's just everyones perception as emotions can't be conveyed very well in a comic book message board thread!

She called me on her lunch break and her attitude was that this was just a debate..nothing more. She has no reason to take it personal.

So anyone that thinks that needs to realize this is just a discussion.

hmlol

Sorry Roy - you just don't present yourself as a *player* - at least not from what I've seen. :grin:

I've just always loved women. Never cheated or was unfaithful but was always focused on them when I was single.

Not sure what they thought about me though.

lol

...and yes I think my weapon is undersized but since I've never heard anybody complain about it to my face I can simply pretend it's enough.

:insane: