• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dishonest stuff going on in the Board Only Sales Area Forum...Sad.
5 5

1,781 posts in this topic

I'll back her up and say she is NOT taking this too personal. That's just everyones perception as emotions can't be conveyed very well in a comic book message board thread!

She called me on her lunch break and her attitude was that this was just a debate..nothing more. She has no reason to take it personal.

So anyone that thinks that needs to realize this is just a discussion.

Then why is she attacking people? She IS the one who is making it personal and not just a discussion by insulting people who don't agree with her POV.

1) these male posters are trying to make themselves look good;

2) these male posters think the folks are stupid kitties

I think the media is to blame for these guys' oh so enlightened assertion that the media is to blame for women's body-image issues, if any.

That was not a tautology.

These guys are spewing stuff that they've heard in, well, the media, in an attempt to sound enlightened and informed and sensitive toward women's issues. It is, therefore, ironic that a woman is giving them the business on this point. I bet they never saw it coming.

They are also under the belief that the majority of folks (in this case the majority of the female gender) is so weak-willed and sheep-like that they are brainwashed by advertising, tv, movies, etc.

To recap:

Do you all see what happens when we let women post?

I think the media is to blame for these guys' oh so enlightened assertion that the media is to blame for women's body-image issues, if any.

These guys are spewing stuff that they've heard in, well, the media, in an attempt to sound enlightened and informed and sensitive toward women's issues. It is, therefore, ironic that a woman is giving them the business on this point. I bet they never saw it coming.

They are also under the belief that the majority of folks (in this case the majority of the female gender) is so weak-willed and sheep-like that they are brainwashed by advertising, tv, movies, etc.

To recap:

lol

To recap:

:eek:hm

For the love of God, people. It's personally, not personal. I'm not taking this personally. Please don't take this personally. She's not taking this personally. Get it? And yes, this is a personal issue.

rantrant

To recap:

You explode in a sticky mess of male chauvinism that covers the entire computer screen?

I'm not saying that at all. What I am saying, is that men shouldn't alway assume that majority or all women have these issues.

So you agree with donut that the majority of young women are fixated on their appearance, but you just don't want men to point it out. Understood.

is that a question?

would it be safe to say that women should assume that majority of men are insecure about their p.e.n.i.s size becuase of what is seen in po.rn?

or is that a horse of a different color? enlighten me...please

Absolutely, it is. It's safe to say that women are fixated on their appearance, because a fixation on appearance doesn't just entail insecurity, but also the gender roles we place on men and women in this society.

In a similar vein there are men who are fixated on their spoon size, there are men who are fixated on the size of their wallets, there are men who are fixated on the size of their muscles, and there are men who are fixated on their height. It's all related.

Men, and especially younger men who are just coming into their own, are under pressure to be strong, protective providers, and that entails everything above. And each guy experences these things in varied amounts, depending on individual circumstances. The majority of men equate their worth, to some extent, to their ability to perform in the above arenas.

For younger women, self-worth is often equated to their appearance. This is self-evident, and if you were as secure as you claim, you wouldn't have a problem recognizing that. See Skypinkblu's posts above.

Now stop taking all this so personally. :baiting:

Mrs. Donut here -- Agree with the "for younger women, self-worth is often equated to their appearance". I think the media, pop culture and other people perpetuate this idea and I think its true (emphasize: often, note: not all!). Marketing is targeted toward girls/women purchasing power - look at the explosive 'tween' market in the last five year and how parent wallets are paying for girls to "look" a certain way to "fit in".

Please note (and I'm sure you know them) women who take the other side of that argument and who consciously (and sometimes assertively) choose to wave the middle finger at society by not giving a about their clothes, shoes, hair, nails, boobs (or other augmented body part, because let's face it, girls aren't just getting nose jobs in high school).

To recap:

now I get why there aren't many females in this hobby (thumbs u

To recap:

You explode in a sticky mess of male chauvinism that covers the entire computer screen?

She's going twist my posts regardless of what I say, so I'm just giving her what she wants.

Danimal, control your woman.

To recap:

now I get why there aren't many females in this hobby (thumbs u

Yeah, lack of patience. hm

To recap:

She's going twist my posts regardless of what I say, so I'm just giving her what she wants.

Danimal, control your woman.

lol that statement just shows me what kind of man you are.

I'll back her up and say she is NOT taking this too personal. That's just everyones perception as emotions can't be conveyed very well in a comic book message board thread!

She called me on her lunch break and her attitude was that this was just a debate..nothing more. She has no reason to take it personal.

So anyone that thinks that needs to realize this is just a discussion.

Then why is she attacking people? She IS the one who is making it personal and not just a discussion by insulting people who don't agree with her POV.

Why is she attacking people? This is a message board! I agree it's an important part of the hobby but do you really think anyone feels attacked here? Give me a break.