• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Argosy (1965) and 1st Overstreet Price Guide (1970)

28 posts in this topic

Hey Everyone,

After about a one year hiatus, I'm back! I'm selling two awesome pieces of comic book history.

Argosy Price Guide from 1965. This is the original, and it is rare. This copy is in solid condition with nice white pages. But it has some general wear and tear. Spine split up to bottom staple (but both shiny silver staples are still firmly attached). Bottom right cover corner missing (triangle size piece about 1/3 inch) and a 1-inch tear onto front cover from outer cover edge (by "C" in comiC). This copy has sat in an OO collection for the last 45 years. Based on its rarity and the extreme difficulty in finding these books - and in solid shape - I am asking $500.

Overstreet Price Guide from 1970 (First Printing). The trend-setter! This copy is in solid condition with nice pages. But it has some general wear and tear. Both staples have tape on them and the two center folios are detached. The staples are shiny silver. This copy has sat in an OO collection for the last 40 years. I am asking $375.

First :takeit: takes it.

Thanks very much for looking.

97046.jpg.cdb9bf8bae4e40c915b98747a833cfa8.jpg

97047.jpg.b8c899cef70e22d90e127f1c2801347c.jpg

97048.jpg.f029b5c591b4011fad60e79999e5827e.jpg

97049.jpg.a9d13a23682be230f9ae8786966b04c3.jpg

Now that the books have sold, I've got to wonder how many copies of that 1965 Price Guide were sold. $5 was a lot of money back in 1965. Two tanks of gas, or two cartons of Marlboros, three months worth of every Marvel Super-Hero, a quarter ounce of weed, , two cases of beer, ect,ect.

I agree.....the Argosy is extremely rare

I've seen one copy in 30 years of going to shows.

Well if they're THAT rare, I guess I'll keep them :devil:

Seriously - Gator - Congrats on your purchases. Thanks. I'll PM you details...

thanks, I have a second (blue) copy of the OSPG 1 but wanted a 1st, and I lost on an argosy copy on ebay in about the same condition (went for $468, so his price is right in line)

Nice pick up Gator, if I'd had any spare cash this week I would have been all over these. O'street 1 is the only one I'm missing, and I've only ever seen the Argosy once in 35 years of convention crawls. 'Grats!

Nice pick up Gator, if I'd had any spare cash this week I would have been all over these. O'street 1 is the only one I'm missing, and I've only ever seen the Argosy once in 35 years of convention crawls. 'Grats!
thanks...

as mentioned, I bid on the argosy just in the last 2 months on ebay, and thought my 450ish snipe would get it (sat at under 200 the entire 7 days)...but someone else snipped higher... regretted it since, so I though Peter had this copy very fairly priced!

and I too, was only missing the first printing #1 to complete my pg run (have the 2nd blue)...just the completist in me!